Amazon Music Query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've joined Amazon Music Unlimited on a four month free trial.When i'm making playlists from albums it is listing all the tracks from the album separately in which case i'm going to have thousands of songs showing on my phone.
Is there any way you can have it so it just shows the album and when you click on that it will then show the tracks?
I hope you understand what i am talking about?

figbat

Slippery scientist
On the iPhone app if I go to My Library I can then select Playlists, Songs, Artists or Albums. If I click Albums then each one shows up and I can click through to the tracks within. I can further filter by ones I have Downloaded or Purchased.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
@figbat
If I go into my library and click albums I get the albums in my playlists but also music which I haven't transferred.....strange?
If I go further and click albums - downloads I get the three albums I have downloaded so it seems the only way around this is to download all the albums in my Playlists?

vickster

Legendary Member
@figbat
If I go into my library and click albums I get the albums in my playlists but also music which I haven't transferred.....strange?
If I go further and click albums - downloads I get the three albums I have downloaded so it seems the only way around this is to download all the albums in my Playlists?

That's Amazon for you, they now dump a load of songs in your playlists that you don't want (although I though you avoided this nonsense by paying)!

Used to have music through Amazon Prime, then I couldn't listen to what I wanted without paying so now I pay Spotify as I don't trust Amazon not to muck around again! Spotify's interface is so much nicer too

figbat

Slippery scientist
@figbat

Oh, I see what you mean. I don't think that's how Playlists are intended to work. A Playlist is effectively your own curated album, like a mix tape, so is based on singles rather than albums.

The other albums in your list will be those that Amazon 'suggests' or those linked to any other music you may have played.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just a shame that none of the artists get paid for these music services by spotify, tidal .amazon etc. At least when songs are played on the radio etc the band/artist gets a royalty payment but online/downloads zilch. The argument is that at least they get 'exposure' so they might garner an audience when they play live
BTW one of the first (if not the very first) bands to make their entire catalogue 'free to download' was the Grateful Dead (fine if you like that kind of thing) with their statement "We don't need any more money"

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My amazon music doesn't work like that, if I select an artist then i can choose an album. But yes I found both amazon and Spotify free were throwing in crap willie nillie. I switched to YouTube music which is paid for but far far better for playing albums or songs from the artist you choose

Adam4868

Guru
I've tried both the free versions of Spotify and Amazon, does anyone prefer the good old days when you went into a shop and bought a record/tape/CD? 😊
Still do...still buy books as well 😯

Venod

Eh up
I've tried both the free versions of Spotify and Amazon, does anyone prefer the good old days when you went into a shop and bought a record/tape/CD? 😊

In the past I have bought loads of music even in the days when the record companies were ripping us off, then downloading forced them to reduce their prices to reasonable level where I presume the artist was still getting their cut.
Nowadays I get all my music via Spotify, such a wide selection, but not sure if the artists get anything from them.
I use the paid for version of Spotify.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
In the past I have bought loads of music even in the days when the record companies were ripping us off, then downloading forced them to reduce their prices to reasonable level where I presume the artist was still getting their cut.
Nowadays I get all my music via Spotify, such a wide selection, but not sure if the artists get anything from them.
I use the paid for version of Spotify.

Spotify keep around 30% of their member payments and pay the remaining 70% to distribution agents (although a small number avoid these and the payment goes direct to the artist) - what happens after that is down to the individual agreements that the artist has with their agent.

Since the inception of Spotify some $40 billion has been paid out by Spotify.

There are lots of explanations and some interesting infographics on the attached links.

A lot of artists make a lot of money from Spotify alone.

For those artists who think they should earn more than they do, it is worthwhile remembering that no one forces them to use Spotify or similar services - they could always go their own way and find out just how much marketing globally would cost them.

https://loudandclear.byspotify.com/

Top Bottom