Amazon Prime try before you buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got an Amazon gift card and have been looking around for some footwear.I have never noticed the buy before you try before and thought it sounded like a good idea.
One thing which i did notice though in the t&cs was this. If returned products are determined by us not to be in acceptable condition, we may reject the return and charge you the purchase price, or reject your request for a refund for such items.So you could return them in the condition you received them and they could refuse you a refund and there is nothing you can do about it.?
Anyone on here used this service and how did you get on?

vickster

Legendary Member
I've got an Amazon gift card and have been looking around for some footwear.I have never noticed the buy before you try before and thought it sounded like a good idea.
One thing which i did notice though in the t&cs was this. If returned products are determined by us not to be in acceptable condition, we may reject the return and charge you the purchase price, or reject your request for a refund for such items.So you could return them in the condition you received them and they could refuse you a refund and there is nothing you can do about it.?

I have, no problem. If concern, take a quick photo of when you receive them and send them back. Just don't try them outdoors, those Ts & Cs are no different to returning any shoes (or indeed anything) bought online

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Do you know anyone with Prime? Give them the gift card to order it as Prime has free returns, if you send it back they'll get the credit back to their account for the future and can give you the £££.

indeed prime is worth paying if you need a couple of things a month that you can get from amazon plus you get the streaming content

indeed prime is worth paying if you need a couple of things a month that you can get from amazon plus you get the streaming content

Oh definately, more so if you can get it on Totum (NUS/Student) Discount as it's about £40 a year.

I havent watched much content in a while, waiting for S4 of The Boys to drop. I did start Hunters about 1970s Nazi hunters but haven't finished it yet.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Oh definately, more so if you can get it on Totum (NUS/Student) Discount as it's about £40 a year.

I havent watched much content in a while, waiting for S4 of The Boys to drop. I did start Hunters about 1970s Nazi hunters but haven't finished it yet.

just binged good omens 2 on there, like you im waiting for the boys .Did watch a film last week too .I was going to get the flash movie but £20 for a film i would watch once meh plus i just had to spend over £200 on clothes for the sprogs .

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

its a bit like the Argos 14 day money back guarantee. It only applies if the returned item is in a resalable condition. So footwear may be tried for size but not show any signs of wear. We had people trying bring back cookware that had clearly been used. Nah, sorry!

Mike_P

Guru
Tried Prime free; the deliveries came no faster / not at all. Only worth paying for IMO if you want the streaming service. Last order (non Prime) on a deliver whenever service turned up the next day. Had no problem returning items, they credited as soon as the return entered the tracking system rather than waiting to receive it.

gbb

Legendary Member
Prime in our experience isn't 'all that'
Yes it has its benefits but we hardly ever ever turn on the Prime TV, there just isn't anything we actually get excited by on there, we always err toward Sky. Others ls will have a different experience of course.
Prime as in priority deliveries ? Not so much in our case, things occasionally never turn up, thongs that quote available next day too frequently change to a few days later once you buy, it's just very hit and miss in out case.
Personally I'd bin it in our house but my wife still gets some benefit from it so I suppose....

vickster

Legendary Member
The benefit delivery of Prime for me is there’s no minimum spend for free delivery. Much of the stuff I buy from Amazon is sub £20.
My annual membership runs out this week so I cancelled. I may do month on month if the mood takes me (or if they offer me a deal to stay!)
I’ll rely on Sky, Netflix (which I rarely watch), Disney+ and BT Sport for TV

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have Prime and for that we get the TV streaming, cloud Storage for photos & video (hugely useful), music streaming, along with the usual next day free delivery, some times delivered the same day.
We also get free Deliveroo deliveries for our fave takeouts.

I can't remember none Prime delivery service quality as I've had Prime for 3/4 years but I can say under Prime everything I have ordered has always arrived when it said, ordered 2 things this week and 1 delvered within 24hrs and the other is on track to be so today. I've never had a delivery go missing with Prime, and the single damaged on arrival item was rejected by me at doorstep and refunded same day. The flexibility Amazon offers as well on delivery - pick up, alternate addresses - mean I'm often asked to order things for others so it's a big help there. Returns as well are so simple. Anything within 30 days is an automatic refund, the one item I've had to return as defective (after 6/7 months) was a refund.

Other carriers Royal Mail I have had things go missing or arrive damaged, RM take no responsibility for that and I have to deal with the sellers individually which takes time and can be painful. DPD have always been good but I don't use them as much, their tracker is excellent though. I won't use anyone that uses Yodel/Evri at all.

The only real comparision for me is eBay which I won't buy high value items on, I do find them good for odd little elctronic things (e.g. replacement remote control for old A/V box) and books. But only use the seller if they do Royal Mail delivery and even then I can't say I trust RM to deliver on time and in one piece. Then there is the risk of fake goods which their return policy does protect me on, but I don't find it as simple or as reliable as Amazon.

Yes Prime is a paid service but these days me relying on delivery a lot more as there is no where local to me, even in the cities near me, that I could have bought what I needed I think it's worth it.

I have Prime and for that we get the TV streaming, cloud Storage for photos & video (hugely useful), music streaming, along with the usual next day free delivery, some times delivered the same day.
We also get free Deliveroo deliveries for our fave takeouts.

I should really explore the cloud storage. I keep everything offline but it would be useful to have a back up online.

Top Bottom