Amazon Prime?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
The photo storage appeals to me, but I wonder what happens if you close your account and if you could make everything migrate to an alternative.

The TV and movies is one of the items that attracts me, but if you have to pay more again it might end up paying quite a bit more than £7 a month whereas I thought it would be like Netflix where you pay one fee per month and that's it.
There's about 32Gb on mine at the moment and uploading it to my laptop would probably take me a couple of 24hr days, the faster your connection the shorter the time needed of course. My main use is to back up while away from home through a tablet (I can load to the tablet from any memory card using a ToGo connection and Card Reader, or via Eye-Fi, Flashair or on camera WiFi.). Once home I upload the holiday's worth to my laptop and then back up to standalone drives (I use 2 drives to ensure I retain my photos beyond almost any likely multiple failures.)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Oddly, the streaming TV doesn't work on an Android tablet, but works on an Android phone.
Must have another look - last time I checked it out, you had to put an Amazon shopping app on that had some fairly wide permissions - I like the service, and I'm pleased to see them renewing Man in the High Castle and Mad Dogs, but by god, they don't make it easy to like them.

sionhughes

My Wife accidentally signed up for 30 day trial and ended up not knowing she had until we saw Amazon take the £79 payment. Ended up being useful for text books for a course she's doing and Prime Video is pretty good. We've got into "Prison Break" and are hooked on it!

Top Bottom