Amazon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Has anyone does the payment switch from Credit card to Debit card on your account and did you get the £20 discount offer as advertised?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Has anyone does the payment switch from Credit card to Debit card on your account and did you get the £20 discount offer as advertised?

Yes, and I've spent it already :okay:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Wasn't aware of that so thank you for the info. :okay:
Like you, I will take advantage of the £20 discount and then revert back to my credit card.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

I ordered something for £27 yesterday and it duly arrived today. I paid with my debit card, hoping to take benefit of the £20 discount.
My basket showed the full price paid so I will check with my bank tomorrow and if that is the case, an email will be on its way to Amazon.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I don't know much about the matter but I read that the Amazon/Barclaycard row had been settled. I think that paying by credit, rather than debit card gives you additional consumer protection if things go wrong. I've never had to test this.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Had a chat with Amazon this morning and they agreed to credit my account by £20 on my next purchase. I would have prefered £20 returned to my bank account, but still a result. ^_^

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I don't know much about the matter but I read that the Amazon/Barclaycard row had been settled. I think that paying by credit, rather than debit card gives you additional consumer protection if things go wrong. I've never had to test this.

Not with Amazon, but, I have, once, had cause to “test” this. I had made an online purchase (£200 approx), using my Tesco Mastercard. Money taken from my account, but, no goods arrived. After chasing supplier, with no joy, I rang Tesco Customer Services, they sorted it, in this instance, I got the goods, after Tesco’s intervention. They (Tesco) did indicate to me that the supplier in question was “known” to them.

Top Bottom