American netflix?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
As you will know CycleChatters, I'm not very technology savvy. So can someone give me a dummy's guide as to how I make netflix think my computers in america?

Ta!

Another dinosaur here, but I used an American address when I first signed up on yahoo, and a lot of my spam is American-based.

FK if it makes a difference in your case, though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They are nobbling it to stop you doing that!

I had planned to do it too, but I read that they were going to fix the loophole.

The way that people used to do it was to set up a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and use that to make it look like they were elsewhere.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Hmmm. On OH's old laptop we had set something up so that we could access all the netflix content that is only available to american customers, Can't remember how we did it though.

Ironically I want to watch a bbc drama that my license fee paid for but is only available free to US customers.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
And Hola is a free app in Google Chrome - They say they will stop it but I think it is just lip service to the UK rights holders.

Tin Pot

Guru
As you will know CycleChatters, I'm not very technology savvy. So can someone give me a dummy's guide as to how I make netflix think my computers in america?

Ta!

One question; do you mind an unaccountable group of people that run a dodgy business, monitoring and interfering with all your internet traffic?

Crandoggler

DotVPN will trick any server into thinking you're in whatever country you set it to. I used this quite a lot in Norway recently.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I can also recommend HOLA very simple to use, I use it to watch Irish tv live or the rte iplayer but you just change it to any country you want.....
Just tried that one, netflix detected it and told me to bog off! Bah! I want to watch the first series of Happy Valley!

Top Bottom