American netflix?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Surely that's still a computer attached to your router at home. Which will have a UK based IP address, so won't let you get geographically blocked programming.

I can get all sky channels including sports, movies etc, there is a function for catching up on tv series, you can also select the year and genre of anything you wish to watch. I have yet to find something I cannot watch using this gizmo.

Tim Hall

I can get all sky channels including sports, movies etc, there is a function for catching up on tv series, you can also select the year and genre of anything you wish to watch. I have yet to find something I cannot watch using this gizmo.
OK. But all those are broadcast in this country. Can you get stuff that is geographically blocked, which @Sara_H says is her problem with Happy Valley season 1?

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Thanks all.

My son has showed me a way to stream it from the interwebs. So o had a three hour happy valley fest last night. Hurrah!

Doseone

Guru
Netflix has started blocking VPN's unfortunately - I was using Hola until a couple of weeks ago but it won't work anymore. Real shame as UK Netflix isn't very good. There may be other ways around it but I haven't found one that works yet.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
One question; do you mind an unaccountable group of people that run a dodgy business, monitoring and interfering with all your internet traffic?
Not in the least. That happens every time you use public WiFi or 3G/4G/5G even with a proxy service. The better question is why can't I register with the BBC as a UK licence payer and watch their content wherever I am? Why can't they offer a subscription service to access content whilst abroad?

Any chance they are too fat'n'appy do you think?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Ironically Unlocator+iPlayer stopped working just before the France v England match last night but was fine all afternoon/evening. Must be a coincidence ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Surely that's still a computer attached to your router at home. Which will have a UK based IP address, so won't let you get geographically blocked programming.
There is a box which sits a home with a UK IP address and to which you connect in the manner of GoToMyPC so you can watch UK TV. Need to ask a Dane what it is called.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Netflix is now using packet inspection to detect VPNs, so most no longer work. VPN Unlimited stopped working a few weeks ago; Unlocator.com stopped working and their workaround is sometimes detected so that one's only a matter of time; Hola in Chrome was the most reliable approach but that got detected for the first time yesterday, so I suspect that too will stop working soon.

Top Bottom