American supper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Don't know about American supper, but when the U.S. Navy had a base in Dunoon, some of the local ladies were said to wear American knickers. One yank and they were off! :whistle:
Did one nick yer burd:laugh:

On a food note,
ribs to start..
Burgers
with lots of dips, guacamole is a big fave
Bottles of Bud(or your fave) etc

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Potatoe salad is also good

Dan Quayle's favorite salad.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
The classic Hedgehog is always a winner
Buffet_Hedgehog_by_tyney123.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
I do net get involved with the catering department but the boss often does a couple of large trays of sandwiches, along with a cake or pudding whenever we go to one of these.

You watch, the people who bring the least or nothing at all will eat the most.

ayceejay

Guru
There will probably be a ton of sweet stuff but if there is any boozing to be done I always admire the person who brought a brick of Cheddar and home made bread with unsalted butter.

byegad

Legendary Member
We used to go to one on a fairly regular basis. I always took mature Stilton and my then Mrs took slightly salted crackers. Nobody liked Stilton and they were all worried about salt intake. RESULT!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
We have been invited to a new years eve party, something we dont normally do to be honest, but this year we thought, mmmmmmmm, why not.

Trouble is, what the hell is an american supper?

After some googling it is a bring your own food for a table event, great, but.

Any good ideas as to what to take?

I said sausage rolls, but Mrs Aud says everyone will be taking them.
we call that a Jacob's Join around these parts.... I usually take a potato salad.

screenman

Legendary Member
I dislike potato salad. I do like but do not eat cake though, any type of cake, in fact I think I may be a cakeaholic, which is why I dare not eat them.

Top Bottom