Amsterdam hotel recommendations, please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I'm doing a London to Amsterdam ride in June, and am looking for a reasonably-priced hotel with secure cycle parking.

Any recommendations?

Ben

Brains

Legendary Member
Van Onna
http://www.hotelvanonna.nl/english.html
Right in the centre of the city
very good for the money
cheap
indoor secure bike park

Warning, Cash only. No cards

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Brains said:
Van Onna
http://www.hotelvanonna.nl/english.html
Right in the centre of the city
very good for the money
cheap
indoor secure bike park

Warning, Cash only. No cards

I stayed there and I totally agree. Yes, it's plain, but there is lots of hot water, and it's very clean. The canal, the Bloemgracht is really pretty. I think it costs 40 Euros per person. If you do a forum search, you may find other peoples' opinions.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Thanks for those.

Van Onna is fully-booked. Flying Pig is so noisy in reception I can't hear them and they can't hear me! This doesn't seem like a promising start ...

Citizen M looks good, and I'm happy with the price, but others may want something a bit cheaper. I only have one confirmed taker so far, so I'll check with her. If she's happy with the price, I'll try to book.

Further recommendations welcome, please!

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Ok, Flying Pig absolutely ruled out. Called their other hotel and the same thing - deafening noise at their end, and this is a Sunday night!

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

slowmotion said:
Sorry, I just tried searching, and there are not many posts. Try tripadvisor.com and see what they recommend in Amsterdam.
The usual websites are not much help here as a key requirement is secure bike parking and that's not something most people look for, so cyclist recommendations are going to be the most use, I think.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Ben Lovejoy said:
Thanks for those.

Van Onna is fully-booked. Flying Pig is so noisy in reception I can't hear them and they can't hear me! This doesn't seem like a promising start ...

Citizen M looks good, and I'm happy with the price, but others may want something a bit cheaper. I only have one confirmed taker so far, so I'll check with her. If she's happy with the price, I'll try to book.

Further recommendations welcome, please!

I'd just drop them a note and confirm they have space for bikes!! Better safe than sorry.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Thanks - seems to be a busy time as that's coming out at 162 Euros a night, so the Citizen M would then make more sense.

Further suggestions welcome.

Top Bottom