An alien craft has landed in our kitchen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Now either that photo foreshortens things considerably, or Antony Gormley has started producing a range of russian dolls.

Norm

Nice, I like that machine. I'm surprised at how short it is, though, I thought they'd be considerable longer.

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
It's a circuit racer, so not as thin as a straight-line record machine...

...but it does go round corners :biggrin:

It's 2.3m long. Any longer and it would be even more of a hassle to take it to races :o)

Norm

Ah. I know nothing about these things, other than I love the form and function of a streamliner. :o)

LeeW

*dribble
May I have a go (providing I fit?).
Must get my new bike finished, it is even shorter at only 2.12 meters long. The Kingcycle mango is shorter still, under 2m and that managed 70mph.

ACW

How fast does it go mister

LeeW

It apparently went pear shape due to the steering setup. The bike was later fixed and fitted with a revised remote steering arrangement but it went pear shape again (I don't think it was caught on film that time though). Apparently the frame had been bent from the first crash. Anyway I got to see the mango in person in November last year, languishing in a dungeon (or 'the void' as the maker called it) beneath the office of a company making teleprompters. It had not broken in half like some had claimed it to be but it was rather badly bashed up.

LeeW

Is that a caprio hub you have there?? What kind of top gear does that beast have?
My fujin in race setup has 42-58 front and 11-23 9-speed rear to 23-571 wheel. My new racer will be having 60t single front, 11-28t 10-speed cassette and 24x18 final drive to 28-406 wheel.

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
LeeW said:
Is that a caprio hub you have there?? What kind of top gear does that beast have?
My fujin in race setup has 42-58 front and 11-23 9-speed rear to 23-571 wheel. My new racer will be having 60t single front, 11-28t 10-speed cassette and 24x18 final drive to 28-406 wheel.
Oooh, that's top secret ;)

Yes, it's a Capreo - 53 x 9 on a 559 Kojak. I reckon it might be bigger than I need...

Top Bottom