An apology

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djb1971

Legendary Member
....to my dog.

Unfortunately for him he took one for the team today, fortunately for me I lied through my teeth to save my skin.

When I got back in late last night I was soaked, after drying the bike I decided to tinker in the warmth of the conservatory. This is a big no no (apparently). When I got in from work today I was confronted with the prospect of having the crown Jewels chewed off because of the black stuff all on the floor. I shamelessly blamed my dog for walking in something last night and treading it all in:giggle:

I couldn't see it last night but there's all tiny specs of black wax lube all on the floor. It was pig to shift.

I've told him to not do it again:whistle:

I think my wife knows but can't prove anything, my dog just keeps giving me the evils:whistle:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
:laugh:

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
I have learnt a lesson though, always blame the dog!

Have I learnt a lesson about tinkering with my bike in the conservatory?
Nah! I'd do it again tonight if I thought I wouldn't get caught!

If I thought it wouldn't get me caught out, I'd bring up the rule about not having the bike in there anyway. I don't remember this rule , it must be a woman thing.

400bhp

Guru
Get a baby - they are great for passing the buck too.

Keys missing - it was the baby

Clothes on the floor - last time I saw, the baby was playing with them

Spent all our money on bike parts - it was the b.....dooooohhh

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
That wax lube is a bugger for dropping off over the floor. Change the lube if you are going to do it again. The excuse won't work twice.
Glad to see you don't wear the trousers either :biggrin:

Get a baby - they are great for passing the buck too.

Keys missing - it was the baby

Clothes on the floor - last time I saw, the baby was playing with them

Spent all our money on bike parts - it was the b.....dooooohhh
I'll take the blame for the floor thanks :tongue:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bike was upside down on the kitchen worktop, I relubed the chain, and then spun the pedals. Managed to get a lovely line of black wax lube across the kitchen ceiling. :whistle:

Buy a house with higher ceilings.....

It wouldn't save me from my culinary disaster which painted the kitchen ceiling with half a pound of molten lard though. The ceiling is awaiting a full clean and repaint.

Top Bottom