An e-bike changed my life... Positive story for once.

Phaeton

Guru
What have you otdered?
Cube Acid Hybrid 500 2020 model

mustang1

Guru
+1 to e-bikes. I have no.problem with them or the riders (even though I do not have one).

I encourage others (non cyclists) to get into e-bikes but they tell me they don't see the point. They will one day.

In December last year, I was 86kg which for me is very overweight and hadn't ridden properly in 15 years. I joined a gym in January, went on a diet and...bought an eMTB.

By my 50th birthday at the end of March, I was down to 68kg and felt great. I was thoroughly enjoying my cycling and finding I could get a very good workout on the e-bike. I damaged my knees racing many moons ago and I was worried they would flare up but the eMTB helped strengthen them I think.

Today I am 66kg and quite fit. I have largely stopped riding my e-bike - haven't touched it in over a month now - but that is because I bought a new XC MTB and road bike when I joined a local Club and my fitness level generally is approaching the point that I am going to return to racing - all because of the core fitness an e-bike provided. :smile:

I'm very much pro e-bike and would recommend them to anyone. They are fabulous fun and, as others have stated, if they get people riding it is all good.

gbb

Legendary Member
I never thought I'd say it...but there again, when I was fit , ebikes weren't really a thing...ebikes have saved or extended my ability to cycle.
You never know what the future holds, 10 years ago I'd do 50 miles at 18mph average solo riding...noooo problem. At 50, I was as fit as I'd ever been.

10 years later, I have a damaged lung and arthritis that makes me ache virtually ALL day and if it was left to my roadbike, I'd have packed up cycling completely, it's just too hard on me now.. As it is I still use it occasionally but only maybe half a dozen times this year...but the ebikes allowed me to commute 50 miles a week during the summer and still get 1 hour leisure rides.
Rock on ebikes :okay:

meta lon

Guru
I never thought I'd say it...but there again, when I was fit , ebikes weren't really a thing...ebikes have saved or extended my ability to cycle.
You never know what the future holds, 10 years ago I'd do 50 miles at 18mph average solo riding...noooo problem. At 50, I was as fit as I'd ever been.

10 years later, I have a damaged lung and arthritis that makes me ache virtually ALL day and if it was left to my roadbike, I'd have packed up cycling completely, it's just too hard on me now.. As it is I still use it occasionally but only maybe half a dozen times this year...but the ebikes allowed me to commute 50 miles a week during the summer and still get 1 hour leisure rides.
Rock on ebikes :okay:

Not quite as unlucky as you @gbb , my aggro is auto immune condition.
I find i just get too run down with the daily commute and a weekend ride on my normal bikes.
Ebike to work and i feel ive had a workout but not used e everything in the tank.
Occasionally ill emtb at the weekend but i use my Epic as much as possible for trail sruff.

One thing i love with emtb is seeing son in law shattered after a ride:laugh:

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom