An e-bike changed my life... Positive story for once.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
An excellent write up showing the positives of biking whether it is on an ordinary bike or an ebike.

It makes me angry when numpties say they can't see the point of them and that report is a classic example of what the point is.

No matter the reason why people buy ebikes, seeing someone getting out there is all that matters and if it gets them fitter then that is even better.

There are also still a lot of misconceptions about ebikes and what they do as well.

It's good to see people having fun.:okay:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have to admit that I couldn’t see the point of them 5 years ago, and regarded them as cheating.
But I’m a huge convert. I even hired one and took it for a 50 mile spin over the south-downs last month. A fantastic piece of kit.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't think there are that many detractors. The noise of those decrying the haters seems to my ears to be far louder than the anti brigade themselves manage to make. The bikes have clearly made a big difference to these folk and who knows, one day it could be any of us using them as a means to extending our cycling careers. Fair play.

kapelmuur

Veteran
I’m planning to get an e assistance road bike because I’m finding it increasingly difficult to ride up hills.

I live in a flat area and find myself planning rides that stay in that area which restricts the scope of my rides and can get repetitive. E assistance would get me back on Brickworks or Cat and Fiddle without worrying about a cardiac arrest or worse-having to get off and push!

G3CWI

Veteran
I would not have managed all the cycling I did this weekend on my MTB. The e-bike makes much more possible. I still needed to push on some sections and I certainly got a good work out
78E8853F-02C4-400C-AAB7-A1E1C82222D7.jpeg
CBB61DA1-7E14-459B-9A9F-97AFECF57E72.jpeg
7FD95ACB-63C2-4D23-9581-689790896975.jpeg
I

Smudge

Veteran
I still like to ride an unassisted bike, in many ways i prefer them. Its a joy to use a light unassisted bike, that only relies on your own input, with none of the complexity, weight, or range anxiety of an e system. They can also be carried up steps on bridges over railways & canals, which are in places i cycle.
But for cycling a fair distance, hills and lugging loads like shopping, an ebike is a must for me. It simply isn't doable for me on an unassisted bike anymore.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It really is a change to a couple of years ago when I had my electric bike. At that time I was soundly advised by the majority of people, that they were for old knackered people.

I think that was the year I rode Denmark end to end and Tuscany Road on my Genesis CDF.

I was still riding 200+km a week on my unassisted bikes and using my electric bike for the occasional picnic ride. But my electric bike was still for old knackered people, apparently.

Its good to see that the UK opinion is catching up with the rest of Europe.

keithmac

Guru
I love my ebikes, as said they don't do it all for you.

Makes my commute to work and back much easier.

Looking out for a normal MTB bike so me and my lad can do some trails, Dalby Forest etc, he'll whoop me more than likely!.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I love my ebikes, as said they don't do it all for you.

Makes my commute to work and back much easier.

Looking out for a normal MTB bike so me and my lad can do some trails, Dalby Forest etc, he'll whoop me more than likely!.
I soooo agree! Using my new eBike, I found that it helped make the slow grind into strong headwinds up a long, gradual incline on my route to work so much less soul-destroying. Other than that, I found that I wasn't really using the assistance much as my speed is 16 - 17mph plus for most of my commute. It just gives me a better workout as the bike's heavier than my roadbike. The other advantage is the boost when setting off from lights, especially if it's uphill. You're away and up to 15.5mph before you know it!

Top Bottom