1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An idea

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by mrben, 20 Dec 2007.

1. mrben

mrben New Member

OK - this is either a rubbish idea, or no-one's actually thought of it yet, but how about a pair of cycling gloves with a set of orange leds in an arrow shape on the back, and a set of contacts in the palm, the idea being that when you're not touching anything (ie the handlebars) the LEDs flash, so that you have a nice bright signal when you stick your arm out?

<edit> Looks like someone has something similar on the market already :thumbsup: http://www.expertverdict.com/ProductDetails.aspx?language=en-GB&product=1124596 - there goes my moneymaker :biggrin:</edit>

2. ChrisLS

ChrisLS New Member

...seems like an excellent idea to me. I bought a pair of Altura night vision gloves which are okay in the dark, but of no extra benefit in daylight...

3. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Cool, if they really work... (I wonder how much of 'a flick of a wrist' is needed? Or is it a sort of tilt switch?)

4. mrben

mrben New Member

Yeah - I prefer my idea :thumbsup: but mine would probably require them to be actual gloves, whereas I think those attach to your existing gloves.

5. Maz

Maz Guru

My gloves have an "L" and an "R" on them, tied together with a with a piece of string that goes through the sleeves of my altura jacket.

6. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

and you still lose them don't you maz?

7. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

My Mum always put them on elastic, ideal for bullies, who pull and pull and then let go so your own mitten hits you in the face....:thumbsup:

8. Maz

Maz Guru

Yip. Along with the jacket...Hi-viz is useless if you're name aint stitched inside the collar.

9. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

Bit like those knickers that have "C" and "A" on.

10. Maz

Maz Guru

Hey, c'mon, ransos. Keep it clean, it's a family show. :thumbsup:

11. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

I once had a fine pair of hi-viz waterproof overgloves that were fantastic until I left them on the radiator to dry and by morning they had shrunk like crispbags in an oven.

T x

12. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

I changed my name to Altura - now all my cycling gear is monogrammed!

13. I changed my name to CSC791B, now Ive got a personalised number plate.