An idea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrben

OK - this is either a rubbish idea, or no-one's actually thought of it yet, but how about a pair of cycling gloves with a set of orange leds in an arrow shape on the back, and a set of contacts in the palm, the idea being that when you're not touching anything (ie the handlebars) the LEDs flash, so that you have a nice bright signal when you stick your arm out?

<edit> Looks like someone has something similar on the market already :thumbsup: http://www.expertverdict.com/ProductDetails.aspx?language=en-GB&product=1124596 - there goes my moneymaker :biggrin:</edit>

ChrisLS

...seems like an excellent idea to me. I bought a pair of Altura night vision gloves which are okay in the dark, but of no extra benefit in daylight...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cool, if they really work... (I wonder how much of 'a flick of a wrist' is needed? Or is it a sort of tilt switch?)

OP
OP
M

mrben

Arch said:
Cool, if they really work... (I wonder how much of 'a flick of a wrist' is needed? Or is it a sort of tilt switch?)

Yeah - I prefer my idea :thumbsup: but mine would probably require them to be actual gloves, whereas I think those attach to your existing gloves.

Maz

Guru
My gloves have an "L" and an "R" on them, tied together with a with a piece of string that goes through the sleeves of my altura jacket.

Arch

Married to Night Train
My Mum always put them on elastic, ideal for bullies, who pull and pull and then let go so your own mitten hits you in the face....:thumbsup:

U

User482

Maz said:
My gloves have an "L" and an "R" on them, tied together with a with a piece of string that goes through the sleeves of my altura jacket.

Bit like those knickers that have "C" and "A" on.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I once had a fine pair of hi-viz waterproof overgloves that were fantastic until I left them on the radiator to dry and by morning they had shrunk like crispbags in an oven.

T x

Top Bottom