An insurance result

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sweet!

Any compo for the injury and inconvenience yet?

September to April? And how do they think you've been riding a bike till now? Hope you build in some claim for loss of use, loss of fitness resulting in you being more prone to the virus, cost of alternative transport etc..... They are trying not to pay so get as much as you can.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
September to April? And how do they think you've been riding a bike till now? Hope you build in some claim for loss of use, loss of fitness resulting in you being more prone to the virus, cost of alternative transport etc..... They are trying not to pay so get as much as you can.
He also has an injury claim on the go. That will all be included within that claim.
The bike damages is a good result so far, keep going. But don’t expect a resolution for at least 18-24 months.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have not been able to ride a bike since September and so that sorts that one :laugh: But I do have 7 other bikes around the place. I did not want to make waves as his insurance company has been really good with all my gear. The additional money was because the assesor accepted that the price of bikes have gone up since covid came into play. The reason it took so long was because the moped rider had to be found guilty before the insurance company would accept responsibility. Our court cases are way behind because of covid.

I was in a big personal injury claim in 1991 which took 3 years to settle, so I am in no hurry.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Oh dear, we're not supposed to call it that anymore...:ohmy:
Accident, road traffic collision, I was on a cycle path :laugh:

Top Bottom