An interesting clip regarding lorries.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I don't know if this has been posted before but it demonstrates the cooperation between cycling groups and the government in Denmark, where I live. Most of our politicians are cyclists, it is the easy way to get round Copenhagen. Our ex Statsminister rode from Copenhagen to Paris for charity, our Crown Prince is a decent triathlete . Cycling is now a fundamental part of Danish life.

There is also an interesting clip of what a lorry driver can see from his cab. I am an ex LGV driver and have driven thousands of miles all over Europe in lorries. I know exactly what you can see in the mirrors of a cab and mirrors are not the answer to the problem, unless you make them about 4 feet wide on either side, not very practical. A lot of the 18 recommendations are related to mirrors. I think this is a case of whoever came up with the suggestions, has no idea of the view from a cab.

My idea would be of possibly a fish eye camera on top of the mirror stem on both sides and a monitor in the cab. Also maybe some type of detector that activates down the whole length of the lorry.

Anyway I hope you find some of this interesting. Click the link below.

Steve

http://www.ubmfuturecities.com/author.asp?section_id=242&doc_id=526000

Last edited:
Top Bottom