Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley An Island circuit, 23 miles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Brandane, you're tempting us with summer pictures!
You think we could do it on Monday the 3rd?
Got the last big event of the season in my work on the 30/1st/2nd :cry:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Brandane, you're tempting us with summer pictures!
You think we could do it on Monday the 3rd?
Got the last big event of the season in my work on the 30/1st/2nd :cry:

Sorry, I work every Saturday/Sunday/Monday (+ occasional Friday or Tuesday thrown in). Have now changed the date to Tuesday 4th, as I forgot the motorcycle show is on at the NEC next week and I might go to that. As soon as someone agrees to attend on that date it will need to become fixed though :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Haha, just what was in my mind, does he think we're daft? Trades Description Act, Consumer Protection, bla bla.:biggrin:

OK then, in the interests of balanced journalism: :laugh: (Click here for loads more Bute pics).
119578842.kwYbgWYR.boom2.jpg

131279165.YhQp1z8R.boom15.jpg

Seamab

Weekends only for me as well. Not sure i'd fancy the ferry much at this time of year. Hope you get a good day for it!

D

Deleted member 20519

I won't be able to make the Tuesday, or any week day for that matter, school's on :sad:

zizou

Veteran
From early June i was waiting for a nice hot sunny day to go over to Bute....im still waiting :biggrin:

Really nice place to cycle hope you get decent weather for it :smile:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
From early June i was waiting for a nice hot sunny day to go over to Bute....im still waiting :biggrin:

Really nice place to cycle hope you get decent weather for it :smile:

I've been waiting since the summer of '76; I think that was the last time we had a hot sunny day in the west :sad:.

D

Deleted member 20519

Yebbut.......

I take it you meant during school holidays? Trust me to pick one of the few weeks when the schools are actually ON! ;)

When I posted that, I thought it would be nearer christmas time. It's gonna have to be the weekend for me :sad:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
When I posted that, I thought it would be nearer christmas time. It's gonna have to be the weekend for me :sad:
Ahhh; so that's why you were asking if it was going to be before December. I thought that was a hint that November would be better. If there are no takers for the 4th December then I could always change it to the holiday period, but the problem then is that people will probably have other priorities over Christmas/New Year, and of course there is the weather :ohmy:.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I could do the 4th of December. Brandane, it would not be fun for you with only me for riding company, you need to get at least one other at your level.
Never mind I'm slow, I also need to stop every couple of miles for pictures :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I could do the 4th of December. Brandane, it would not be fun for you with only me for riding company, you need to get at least one other at your level.
Never mind I'm slow, I also need to stop every couple of miles for pictures :rolleyes:

Sorry Pat :sad:; looks like I am going to have to postpone this one. Nothing to do with your claim to only going at 5mph :tongue:. More to do with going into work today to find that we are 2 men down going into one of the busiest times of the year. One with broken leg; another with bowel problems requiring an operation, so neither likely to be back at work any time soon. As a result, the rest of us are being asked to do extra shifts to cover. I have said I will do 5 days a week instead of my usual lazy 3 days, but the problem at the moment is I don't know when the extra shifts are going to fit in. Don't want to organise a ride and then have to pull out at short notice, so thought it better to let you know now. It is postponed rather than cancelled!

Top Bottom