An Italian steal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
just picked up this Italian beauty a Bianchi Rekord 841 Special , full campag gear system , Bianchi branded crankset ,Modolo braking system , etc etc the lost goes on .

unsure of age but has frame number 580184 stamped around the top of the headstock .

will try and get some better pics up soon along with better details , any idea re age please let me know .

i am thinking 1984 as that looks about right but i am not a Bianchi expert .

bianchi.JPG

vpug

Hi Martin
That is very nice, it looks to small for you just about my size, feel free to stick it in the post to me.
What has happened to the for sale section I can not see it since I have got back from hols ?
Thank Vpug

just picked up this Italian beauty a Bianchi Rekord 841 Special , full campag gear system , Bianchi branded crankset ,Modolo braking system , etc etc the lost goes on .

unsure of age but has frame number 580184 stamped around the top of the headstock .

will try and get some better pics up soon along with better details , any idea re age please let me know .

i am thinking 1984 as that looks about right but i am not a Bianchi expert .

View attachment 26365

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@vpug once its been cleaned and re greased and tyred will see re size so keep your eye on classifieds

@raindog its where its been sat for 6 years not being used hence my comments above re grease , it took me an hr to get the cobwebs off it

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
got this back today from lbs where its been having some new grease etc etc applied , and just getting it ready for some testing miles now fitted some Schwalbe Laguna's so if dry will be on commuting duties next week .

new inner cables and gear cables fitted , hubs , bottom bracket & headset regreased all for £22.50 incl vat !

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
just lent this to a work mate for a lunch time 6 mile spin he came back enthusing about it and then claimed he had set a new pb by over 35 seconds !

when asked if he enjoyed the ride he replied to busy trying to go quicker

Top Bottom