An Oxford pie-cnic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
A pie-cnic is an informal social gathering involving pies - pork, game, chicken, gala or anything else. The notional excuse is a nod to the late @vernon, but it's really an opportunity for forummers to get together, lie in a park of a sunny afternoon, drink gin, gossip and eat themselves stupid. Followed by going to a pub to drink themselves stupid.

Stupidity and drink feature high on the agenda.

I've promised to put feelers out for interest in a pie-cnic in Oxford; it would probably be in late August or September, because I've got anything to do with the organisation that's when I'm free. Oxford has a lot going for it - it's got a covered market and other shops where you can buy pies and drink, it's got a fair few pubs, which in September won't be full of students, and it's got Parks. Proper Parks with a capital P which are a short walk from the City Centre and have loos and a first-class cricket ground.

There are now two train lines from London to Oxford, and it's well connected by train via Birmingham to the north and via Reading to the west. It's also on the M40, has a lot of accommodation (including cheapo student digs available in the colleges in September) and it's always sunny.

So - expressions of interest in this thread. Expressions of desire to roll up your hands and get cracking with organising would be lovely, too. If this ever gets beyond an aspirational thread to a reality a Conversation will be opened.

Drago

Legendary Member
Im not that far from Oxford. Depending on dates and stuff could be up for this.

Will there be cycling involved, or will the pursuit of the pie be the aim of the day?

Sounds good would be up for this Dates permitting
Will keep an eye on this thread

Saturday 2 September is the day before my birthday....
Should I bring one of these to carry the candles?
71sQznFrvnL._SL1500_.jpg

Top Bottom