An Oxford pie-cnic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
What about meeting elsewhere, High Wycombe or Reading say, and riding from there?
I was vaguely thinking of a feeder ride from Amersham. Vague thought is all I can manage at the moment.

Speaking of vagueness, I forgot to say that the other good reason for starting from Amersham (apart from it being home) is that it's a four quid train ride from central London. It's just about the furthest you can get in the right direction with an Oyster card.

OP
OP
srw

srw

I was vaguely thinking of a feeder ride from Amersham. Vague thought is all I can manage at the moment.

Speaking of vagueness, I forgot to say that the other good reason for starting from Amersham (apart from it being home) is that it's a four quid train ride from central London. It's just about the furthest you can get in the right direction with an Oyster card.
Something like this, via a mostly perfectly acceptable Sustrans path. About three hours, with coffee in Thame. Arrive Oxford for a late lunch. Although the last time I took a group along one of those roads, a certain Grumpy gentleman ended up in hospital.

I should acknowledge that @rvw has not yet been consulted, but she's usually game for a spot of afternoon drinking in the sun, and also loves Oxford.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The most average town in the country, according to last week's BBC news online quiz.
That's quite an honour.....

OP
OP
srw

srw

Saturday 2 September is the day before my birthday....
Friday 1 September is the FNRttC to Felpham, and there's a Fridays' holiday starting the following weekend.

Speaking of which, I did a long time ago suggest Oxford as a night-ride destination, with several rides (Bristol, Northampton, London) converging on the Parks for breakfast.

OP
OP
srw

srw

Bump racing is an Oxford rowing tradition, if I remember correctly.

Feel free to alert others to this thread.

Top Bottom