Analyse Garmin GPS Data

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cd365

Guru
Apart from Garmin Connect what do people use to analyse Garmin GPS data.

What I would like is to be able to plot the elevation of a route on a graph and then be able to display mulitple days speed profiles on it?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I use WKO+ and Golden Cheetah.

VamP

Banned
I don't think you can do a lot of any analysis with Connect.

I use Strava (pop culture concession) and Golden Cheetah (which is great for a free SW, if a bit limited compared to say WKO+)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I don't think you can do a lot of any analysis with Connect.

I use Strava (pop culture concession) and Golden Cheetah (which is great for a free SW, if a bit limited compared to say WKO+)
Can just about compare rides, but it's detail lacks something. ridewithgps is meant to be really good for getting down to the details.

D

Deleted member 23692

I use Mapyx Quo... It lives on my PC and Laptop and does everything I need for planning, recording, analysing and saving routes

I'm really not interested in modern 'sharing' culture and the on-line stuff that goes with it

OP
OP
cd365

cd365

Guru
I have a ridewithgps account and I have uploaded my data. Does it let you compare multiple rides?

WKO+ isn't cheap at $129

I have downloaded Golden Cheetah and will look at Strava.

Thanks for all the suggestions, it is much appreciated.

I have a ridewithgps account and I have uploaded my data. Does it let you compare multiple rides?

WKO+ isn't cheap at $129

I have downloaded Golden Cheetah and will look at Strava.

Thanks for all the suggestions, it is much appreciated.
Yip, if you make a segment it lets you caompare all attempts at it and detaily analyse/ compare them; racing them against each other is fun too :thumbsup:

BSRU

A Human Being
You can compare any segments you have created, you can even race them although this maybe a feature only for those who subscribe to ridewithgps. It is cheap to subscribe and worth it.

BSRU

A Human Being
I don't subscribe and I can do it. I think the limitation is I can only compare rides/segments if they are public, whereas a subscription lets you compare private rides/segments.
Probably true as all my rides/segments are private and I only started to compare after I subscribed.

Steve Saunders

I use my own application, that I wrote. It also syncs my Garmin 500 automatically (well almost - 1 button click) with Strava, GarminConnect, RideWithGPS and Runkeeper. :-) Saves me a whole load of time.

Top Bottom