Ancient Hydraulic brakes Quad QHD SP1?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GoatBeard

So the bike I've just inherited has very little braking on one side and none on the other. Just gone, no lever resistance, completely limp.

On one lever I find a torx screw missing and inside the reservoir I find no fluid, it's dry as a bone. I don't think I'll even bother trying to refill it as I'm sure it'll leak out as there's no gaskit (or if there was one it's long gone)

What to do? Can these be serviced at all, I can't see any lever gaskit kits. Should I rip off both levers and callipers and pick up a mechanical set?

Thoughts?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Time to look for new calipers and levers. What sort of bike is it? A few pics would be useful to ascertain the mount type.
You could stay with hydraulic if you want. What's your budget?

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
G

GoatBeard

Time to look for new calipers and levers. What sort of bike is it? A few pics would be useful to ascertain the mount type.
You could stay with hydraulic if you want. What's your budget?

Something above complete entry level would be good, I guess with 5 being elite and 1 being BSO quality, maybe a 2 or perhaps a 2.5. Most of what I've seen is hydraulic, is that considered the budget option? It's a generic MTB, Coyote. Slightly above basic/BSO level. By the way it's a fixer upper before you call a priest :-)

Capture.JPG

Top Bottom