And sometimes it IS the cyclist's fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
Would never happen to a motorist?

satNavAccident_1508344c.jpg
looks like a good obstacle to ride over on a MTB :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

Brains

Legendary Member
If you want to try motorway cycling, the Cornish section of the A30 and the London to Rochester section of the A2 are both perfectly legal to cycle on, but you need to be mad as they are conventional 3 lane motorways in all but name

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
That second photo is Siddal above Halifax. My Sat Nav sent me that way once, but I turned round about 500 yards before the road turned to goat track.........
Lots of journo's got stuck in Somerset recently by slavishly following satnav and ignoring the "Flood" and "Road Closed" signs.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
As to the numpty on the M25, CCTV footage released by Surrey Plod to ITV show a complete absence of the widely reported travel chaos, delays and disruption alleged to have been caused to millions by his presence.

buggi

Bird Saviour
sat navs can turn the most intelligent people into absolute f*kwits. I was once in a car with my mate coming back to Brum from down south. We had to take M5. Pulled up at an island, sat nav said turn right. Big blue sign on island said "<- M25" [edit: typo]

"go left", i said
"sat nav says right" she said
"there's a big f*ck off blue sign saying it's left" i said...

"Er... Better go right" she said.

we spent 3 hours in the countryside before getting to the M5. :rolleyes::bravo:

normally this girl is the most intelligent creature.

Last edited:
sat navs can turn the most intelligent people into absolute f*kwits. I was once in a car with my mate coming back to Brum from down south. We had to take M5. Pulled up at an island, sat nav said turn right. Big blue sign on island said "<- M25"

"go left", i said
"sat nav says right" she said
"there's a big f*ck off blue sign saying it's left" i said...

"Er... Better go right" she said.

we spent 3 hours in the countryside before getting to the M5. :rolleyes::bravo:

normally this girl is the most intelligent creature.
No wonder you got lost the M25 and the M5 are on opposite sides of the country:whistle:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
So what's the difference between cycling in your own full-sized lane with traffic passing at 70mph and cycling by the kerb, dodging drains with traffic passing inches away at 60mph?

Top Bottom