And there's i was, gone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nyooome-nore

Hello there ladies and gents, and assorted people with cycle-pathic tendencies.

The delightful lady in my life brought me around to seeing cycling as something other than a means to bridge two points just far enough apart to not want to walk the distance, and it is fair to say I have been bitten by the bug.

I bought my first road bike in January, after spending the end of summer and Autumn making my city bike a little more nippy and comfier. The new road bike was a slightly impulsive purchase with the resolution sportive in Aldershot looming ever closer. Definitely one of the best things I have bought, and has given me hours of delight and a regular and lovable commute to and from work during the week (even during the cold snap!)

The afformentioned B'Twin is currently at the LBS having a new BB fitted as the 700-and-change miles since January have killed the ES25 BB, hoping the ES300 has a longer life, at least to get me through a handful of sportive this year.

Bournemouth and the New Forest coming up, and maybe/maybe-not the Mega Meon as it is right on my proverbial dorstep.

Already contemplating new bits and more tinkering as summer is approaching at full steam, looking forward to sharing and contributing to the forum :smile:

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
It does become a bit of an obsession, doesn't it.

:welcome:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

OP
OP
Nyooome-nore

Nyooome-nore

[QUOTE 5250952, member: 43827"]Welcome.

I hope, if your bike was new, that you haven't been charged for changing the BB. It must have been faulty if it just lasted 700 miles.[/QUOTE]

I could have had it swapped out for free by decathlon, but they would have had to ship it across to the continent to have it done! (Their repair and maintenance guys are not qualified bike mechanics I was sad to discover, they're only their for tyres/tubes and pedals basically :sad: )

But (one of three) my LBSs have yet to let me down and have done a BB swap for me before on my city bike which is still going strong. So happy to help keep them going.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome. Sounds like you are hooked already. Keep your credit card at home when you go to the LBS's, it can be only too easy to get more bikes.:bicycle::bicycle:

n_1_bike_beverage_coaster-re83dbca4bffe4fe1bdd5e3fa25c21eee_ambkq_8byvr_210.jpg

Top Bottom