And there's more...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I am having a busy time of it on the streets at the moment.

I was entering a roundabout and I could hear a distant siren. I took note and carried on paying attention to where it was coming from. At first I was sure it was on the road overhead, but I turned out wrong. It approached pretty fast and when I was on the roundabout it became obvious that it was now on the roundabout behind me. So I make for my exit with the intention of pulling over there. As I come up to one exit, all the noise and my presence on the roundabout must have confused this poor lady driver, who thought the best thing to do was to pull out in front of me, and had she not stopped the police van. So much for multitasking... xx(

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I've no idea! I put my had up to say, 'what are you doing' and she just waved her hand twice. I think she was just trying to justify her maneuver in her own head!

domtyler

Über Member
How kind of her, I hope you blew her a big kiss? To be fair, you were coming round there at one hell of a lick, she may not have seen you. Were you wearing helmet, hi-vis etc? I heard you tinkle your wee bell.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

domtyler said:
How kind of her, I hope you blew her a big kiss? To be fair, you were coming round there at one hell of a lick, she may not have seen you. Were you wearing helmet, hi-vis etc? I heard you tinkle your wee bell.

Yes your right, I was going much faster than a car would go.....:sad::eek:

Helmet: check
Bright luminous yellow jacket: check
Big cheesy grin which turned to a mildly shocked look: check

However, I can assure you there was no tinkling going on, although I do have a bell :smile:.

I did keep my conversation to a minimum this time....xx(

Emu

I wear bright yellow and I wonder why I bother. I got driven at twice today - once by a woman looking at her mobile phone.

Cab

Two possibilities here.

(1) The 'Siren Brain' Phenomenon.

Its a little known fact, but the sound of an emergency vehicle causes the brains of many motrorists to become completely disengaged. Whereas you'd have thought that they should be making to get out of the way of the emergency vehicles as safely and as speedily as they reasonably can, what actually happens is that they become utter morons with no concept of where they are, who they are, or what day it is. Their mouths hang open, saliva spills out down their lips and they lose any coherency in vehicle movement.

(2) The 'Static Bike' Phenomenon

Some motorists fail to realise that bicycles move. So they're not, in their mind, pulling out in front of moving vehicles, they're pulling out on to a road where there is some static, two wheeled street furniture not far away from them. It doesn't enter their heads that the bike is going at speed, because bikes don't go at speed.

domtyler

Über Member
It appears that we are entering silly season, I will be rising my Winter bike tomorrow with AirZound, bright lights etc. I have had more hassle on the roads in the last week than in the previous three months put together.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bianco said:
Do you sport a huge flag stating a huge hate of the Corsa?

They don't like you

Almost, but the car in the last clip was a clio. Although you may have something there, both were small black cars. I'll have to keep an eye out for them, the little black cars are out to get me....xx(

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Cab said:
Two possibilities here.

(1) The 'Siren Brain' Phenomenon.

Its a little known fact, but the sound of an emergency vehicle causes the brains of many motrorists to become completely disengaged. Whereas you'd have thought that they should be making to get out of the way of the emergency vehicles as safely and as speedily as they reasonably can, what actually happens is that they become utter morons with no concept of where they are, who they are, or what day it is. Their mouths hang open, saliva spills out down their lips and they lose any coherency in vehicle movement.

(2) The 'Static Bike' Phenomenon

Some motorists fail to realise that bicycles move. So they're not, in their mind, pulling out in front of moving vehicles, they're pulling out on to a road where there is some static, two wheeled street furniture not far away from them. It doesn't enter their heads that the bike is going at speed, because bikes don't go at speed.

xx(

I'd go for option 3: both (1) and (2)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

domtyler said:
It appears that we are entering silly season, I will be rising my Winter bike tomorrow with AirZound, bright lights etc. I have had more hassle on the roads in the last week than in the previous three months put together.

If only I had had an airzound:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
If only I had had an airzound:biggrin:

Well as they are only about fifteen quid anyone can get one, I highly recommend them for grabbing the attention of dozy cretinous motorists.

domtyler

Über Member
I think they are quite squeaky, wouldn't get one myself, and they use batteries, you can just pump the Zound up with a track pump and believe me they are F U C K I N G LOUD!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

domtyler said:
Well as they are only about fifteen quid anyone can get one, I highly recommend them for grabbing the attention of dozy cretinous motorists.

Tempting, but I'm not sure I have space for it with my lock and the connector for my hamax child seat on the bike xx(

Top Bottom