And today's (late) lunch will be beef lasagna

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
1st one I have ever made.
The sauce tastes very nice.
Wine is cooling.......I know the experts say its red wine with lasagna but we are on a white Zinfandel

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ohh, what time is it ready ? :whistle:

winjim

Smash the cistern
also there is something wrong if the original bottle of white isn't empty by the time it takes a lasagne to cook. Keith Floyd is my inspiration when it comes to those matters..
TBF, lasagne takes all day, or at least an afternoon if you're doing it right, although I've taken to doing the ragu in the pressure cooker which speeds things along a bit. You need to open the wine to put in the sauce anyway...

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Save your white, I'll bring this round, just bought it ^_^
View attachment 589743
I used to love a good red such as a nice Malbec. Since I got Covid/long Covid it has ruined my taste buds so I am resigned to a rich Rose type.
I am getting ready to try another red though.

TBF, lasagne takes all day, or at least an afternoon if you're doing it right, although I've taken to doing the ragu in the pressure cooker which speeds things along a bit. You need to open the wine to put in the sauce anyway...
Yeah, bit time consuming, I use the Marcus Wareing recipe, bit of a faff but lurvly ^_^

Yes, it is like recipes which use “left over wine”.

Who has left over wine? I don’t understand the concept.
The good lady F bought some Asda red last week that I wouldn't have used in a sauce, it makes me wince to think about it. Probably good at de-greasing a bike chain then again, maybe not :hyper:

Top Bottom