And we should care because...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
No its not, making out you have a problem with body image when you have bodies like they have is nothing more than seeking publicity. Now if they were lard arses I can understand it but there not......there bullshitting. Publicity seeking no doubt to make sure they appear to have empathy for there not so good looking fans.

Many many people have body image problems for all kinds of reasons, regardless of what their bodies actually look like.

Hence conditions such as anorexia.

Women have historically suffered from it worse, having had their overall worth largely judged by their attractiveness (in the eyes of men).

Other body image problems, and general anxieties, can stem from abuse, either psychological, physical, sexual, or a nasty combination of all three.

It's taken me years to feel 'comfortable' in my own body, because of early damage of this nature done to me by others.

And I have a reasonable quotiant of what is generally regarded as 'conventional attractiveness' for a woman.

Sadly many women feel insecure about their bodies, whole industries are predicated on exploiting that.

So perhaps think on before you start proudly displaying your ignorance of these matters, for all to see.

It's not very helpful.

Women have historically suffered from it worse, having had their overall worth largely judged by their attractiveness (in the eyes of men).
What and women don't make the same judgements?
Men appear to be responsible,...as per usual. Women are responsible for there own behaviour constantly blaming men for everything that goes wrong in your life isn't they way of solving problems. Get over it, men have to.

AndyRM

XOXO
No its not, making out you have a problem with body image when you have bodies like they have is nothing more than seeking publicity. Now if they were lard arses I can understand it but there not......there bullshitting. Publicity seeking no doubt to make sure they appear to have empathy for there not so good looking fans.

You don't "bullshit" anorexia, you don't "bullshit" attempting suicide because of online abuse; I'm not sure how any one could think otherwise.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Jade Thirwell runs a successful pub and nightclub in South Shields, for one, which you need a bit of intelligence for.

I bet they all know the difference between 'there', 'their' and 'they're' as well.

I was going to bring up the spelling thing, but then I thought "No, don't go there"

Punching down on the hard of spelling isn't always a good look.

Plus you then, very soon, risk being hoisted by your own petard :rolleyes:

What and women don't make the same judgements?
Men appear to be responsible,...as per usual. Women are responsible for there own behaviour constantly blaming men for everything that goes wrong in your life isn't they way of solving problems. Get over it, men have to.

Very sadly some women do make judgements about other women and their appearance, oft times because they have been brought up to believe these things are important in some way.

Or that they should be 'competing' against each other, its encouraged in some quarters for commerce, and other reasons.

Personally I've got better things to think about, and am far more interested in what I'd consider much more important stuff such as character, energy, imagination, intelligence, self awareness, empathy, and such like.

Rest assured, I have overcome my own problems in the main, which is why I'm not afraid of unpleasant, or belligerent characters on the Internet, or elsewhere.

They're usually cowards underneath it all.

But I've certainly not regained my self esteem, as a result of being told to 'get over it' - that kind of approach can lead to all kinds of horrible consequences such as self harm..

Or can even to bullying of others.
A whiff of which I detect in your own approach.

An power imbalance between the sexes, particularly when it comes to threat of violence, or other consequences, is still at play in the world.

In part due to men historically, and unjustifiably having held more power, in so many ways, and some of them still thinking that they can take advantage of that, to 'get what they want'

This is still at play in the world around us, in many ways.

Whether you choose to recognise it or not, is up to you of course, but it doesn't make it any less true.

AndyRM

XOXO
I was going to bring up the spelling thing, but then I thought "No, don't go there"

Punching down on the hard of spelling isn't always a good look.

Plus you then, very soon, risk being hoisted by your own petard :rolleyes:

I know, low blow really, but I think a fair one if you're questioning someone else's intelligence.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Apparently, Kim Somebodyorother is going to suspend her Faceache account for 24 hours to protest - and so will a load of her mates

Don't think that will affect my life any

1) Kim who???. Missed the email about that.
2) Whats Faceache?.....:whistle:. Wasn't he a kids comic character in the 70's?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I am denying they have problems they are doing it for the money
I'm not sure where you're going with this now I'm sorry. Firstly you appeared to be suggesting that they do not have body image issues because as far as you're concerned they're "stunners". Then you said they're making the issues up for publicity, now you're saying they do have body image issues, but only because it makes them money.

Edit: Sorry, I misread your post I quoted. You're saying they don't have issues.

Just to clarify, you think they're attractive, therefore they have to consider themselves attractive?

Last edited:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Sorry for butting in but having worked in music industry for many years before I became disheartened and went to social care I found if the record company, management or agents thought their was more profile to be had by leaping on a bandwagon they did it. Like politicians many hopefully go in to it to change the world and up being sucked in the money making machine while still under the illusion they can make a difference.

Top Bottom