Android HRM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Can anyone recommend an Android HRM app and chest strap combo please? My old setup is no good as I can no longer see the reading on the wristwatch sized screen.

Don't want to use the camera to monitor HRM plus my phone is a 2015 model with bluetooth connectivity but not much else.

I know that HRM training is pretty old school but I'm comfortable with it and don't want to get to grips with smart trainers or Zwift or owt else for that matter.

Cheers

newts

Veteran
Wahoo tickr is very reliable. Record on the Wahoo app, auto upload to strava. Stravistix (free) plug in for chrome will analyse the strava heart rate data.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I use Wahoo Tickr and it works very well in combination with the fitness app. I did have an issue with misreadings and I've found the best way to deal with this is to remove the battery when not in use. Hardly a big deal.

My theory is leaving the battery in means there is a danger the device constantly looks for the app causing it to slightly malfunction in this way.

Overall very happy and of course the Tickr is backed up by Wahoo's superb customer service.

Top Bottom