Android Password Vault recommendations?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Hello all, I'm looking for an app for my Android S8 to store my passwords (everything seems to have a password!).

Ideally I want a standalone app, with no sending stuff off to servers or cloud and nice and simple/ quick to use.

Any ideas appreciated!.

Cheers, Keith.

It's not what you are asking for, because it's in the cloud, but I'm a long term user of LastPass, and very happy with it.

Reasons to consider cloud storage:
  1. It's the only place I keep my passwords, so I couldn't rely on something as fragile as a mobile phone.
  2. Works across devices
  3. If something goes catastrophically wrong when I am away from home, if I can borrow a web browser I can access anything I need: bank email, phone numbers, passport scans etc
  4. Dead man's handle. I've given a trusted friend emergency access. If something happens to me, she can access my account and pass details on to my family, if I don't deny permission during the waiting period.
There are obvious downsides too.

Good luck

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Thanks all will have a look and see what's what.

It will be in my Android Secure folder as well so of they can get through all that then fair play!.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
I use 'Safeincloud' on my Android and its very good, easy to use. There's a paid for version for a fiver but the free one is fine.

I've had a good read up on this and if you forget your password you've had it as apparently they don't store it anywhere ans can't recover your account.

People have been complaining about it but to be fair its a big plus point for me!.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A good tip is to make your password the same as your most used cash card so you don't forget it.

Top Bottom