Andy Murray....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Murray comes over as a petulant, spoilt teenager.
Not something to be encouraged, not a role model.
Needs to grow up.

Henman however I always felt sorry for.
He was never the best on the world, and he knew it.
But every year at Wimbledon he had all that telly and newspaper bollox about whether this was going to be his year, and a whole heap of public pressure to play at a level he patently couldn't perform at.

rich p said:
I keep the seat post well lubricated if it's any of your business

Can ya ride tandem? ;)

andy_wrx said:
Murray comes over as a petulant, spoilt teenager.
Not something to be encouraged, not a role model.
Needs to grow up.

I agree! His brother, Jamie, showed a lot more spirit, sportsmanship and ability to enjoy himself in he mixed doubles final as a winner, than the trumped-up brat that Andy Murray is. He might mature, though.
And I don't care if is his Scottish or not.
What does pi$$ me off though is when the likes of Sandy Lyle and Rod Stewart make that claim!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
yorkshiregoth said:
I think Andy Murray wears a scottish flag on his wristband, and when he also said that he would support whoever England is playing against, then I hope he loses ;)

I'm with Yorkshire Goth. What an unpleasant young man! I'm supporting anyone he plays!

stevenb

I can't imagine it being easy for any British Tennis star....lets face it...it's be an age since we last had top players....now we have them, there are enormous expectations put on them.
Murray did the right thing in puling out of Wimbledon....he did it for himself.....the right choice....it couldn't have been an easy choice with all the UK fans willing him on.
He won against Bjorkman anyway so he's through.

strofiwimple

Veteran
On Henman- it always seemed to me that he unfairly bore the brunt of britain not producing a mens singles wimbledon champion since the thirties.
He was once ranked as high as no 4 in the world so i dont think that is too shabby at all.
I agree with andy- too much pressure was put on him every year at wimbledon and imho if sampras had not been around i think he may have actually won the title once or twice.

Tetedelacourse

remember when Henman battered that tennis ball off the ball boy? that was my own favourite moment of his career.

I can't like Murray either, he has too many teeth.

Mr Phoebus

stevenb said:
Oh well, Murray is out in the 3rd round.
No US Open title for him.......not that I ever expected him to win.

Now he sounds English?

Melvil

I suggest we sign a petition to repatriate Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal...I'm sure they have UK ancestors at some point in the last 1000 years!

Top Bottom