Andy Murray.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

So this year he has won Wimbledon, the Olympics, becomes World No1, won the tour final and gets to be a dad.

Think he's nailed it?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 4565338, member: 43827"]Perhaps people would like him more if he was a good loser, like Henman.[/QUOTE]
Or a good winner, instead of his endless mantra of "I played good" without a gracious reference to his opponent.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Wow, bitter indeed.
Ask Andy about that. When asked which country he would like to see win the World Cup, didn't he say "Anybody but England"? I don't care if he doesn't like England. It's his total lack of charm that grinds my gears. That and his on-court snarling.

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Ask Andy about that. When asked which country he would like to see win the World Cup, didn't he say "Anybody but England"?

I don't care if he doesn't like England.

Yeah :rolleyes:.

Given it was made abundantly clear at the time and repeatedly since that it was a joke in response to ribbing he'd been receiving from Tim Henman, I'd say it wasn't Murray suffering from sense of humour failure.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Did anyone notice the jump he made when that huge bang went off behind him in supposed celebration of his victory last night? How insensitive to detonate a loud explosion behind someone who went through the Dunblane massacre.

U

User482

Ask Andy about that. When asked which country he would like to see win the World Cup, didn't he say "Anybody but England"? I don't care if he doesn't like England. It's his total lack of charm that grinds my gears. That and his on-court snarling.
I don't think it's Murray who is suffering from a lack of graciousness...

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Geezo is that a large bag of chips on your shoulder :tongue: Lack of charm ffs, get a grip its sport he wants to win end off. Save the charm and niceties till the end of the match.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Part of my job entails analysing how people speak. And teaching this to others. I use Murray as an example of how and why some people sound boring.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Did anyone notice the jump he made when that huge bang went off behind him in supposed celebration of his victory last night? How insensitive to detonate a loud explosion behind someone who went through the Dunblane massacre.
I think anyone performing in a high profile event would fear the worst if they heard a loud bang in this day and age.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Geezo is that a large bag of chips on your shoulder :tongue: Lack of charm ffs, get a grip its sport he wants to win end off. Save the charm and niceties till the end of the match.
I'm not denying that he's very good at winning tournaments. To some people, that's all that matters. That's fine. He can certainly do amazing things with a tennis racquet.
[media]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pQNAv4a4Ik
[/media]

Top Bottom