Andy Murray.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

C'mon. He's not even the first world number one in his own family!

Oxo

Guru
Sports Personality of the Year surely?

Sports person with personality? How does Murray fit that particular bill. How about Laura Kenny, Bradley Wiggings, Nicola Adams etc etc.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Do we have to explain the basis for sports personality again.
We all know that personality has nothing to do with it.
For my money I would like to see Mo Farah win this time. Murray has won before.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I recognise one of those three, but that's to be expected as this is a cycling forum. Can't see the public doing any better.
Laura kenny is a cyclist too, but has changer her name after a recent wedding, so it is a bit of a trick.

Oxo

Guru
Nicola Adams is one of the most natural, genuine person you could ever meet. Nobody is going to tell her what to say and Laura Kenny (new Trott) strikes me as being much the same.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
You're almost certainly right but could the public pick them out in the street?

"Personality" is a misnomer, the awards are for the outstanding British sporting achievements of the year. What Murray has achieved this year is utterly unprecedented in a sport that is far more high profile than cycling or (thank you Google) women's amateur boxing.

AndyRM

XOXO
B5vnCOAIUAA5e0Z.jpg

Yup - just because on court he is an intense smouldering miserable sod doesn't mean that he is like that off court - in all the informal TV interviews I've seen he comes across as a likeable charismatic guy with a sense of fun and with feet firmly on the ground

Top Bottom