Angry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
there's a fair amount of anger, or angst within cyclists, and, in fairness, a lot of it is understandable. Some cyclists feel neglected, not respected or just plain threatened.

The angst underlies calls for segregation. I'm not decrying it - people can choose how they feel about the way cities are organised - but I sometimes wonder why we don't, as a group, feel the blessing a little more than we do. I might get angry from time to time when somebody behaves inconsiderately to the one I adore, but, by and large, when I ride my bike I feel very lucky in life.

Yep. Count your blessings.

Good health. Safe country. An organised society (by and large). Clean running water. Food that is cheap and available. A society that is on the whole caring and concerned. Children that get educated. Health care that is available to all. Police and emergency services that respond when needed.
Things we pretty much take for granted.

No matter how much we feel they can be improved on we are a million times better off than probably 70% of the worlds population.

I love life and my greatest complaint is the starling that imitates my alarm clock every morning.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yep. Count your blessings.

Good health. Safe country. An organised society (by and large). Clean running water. Food that is cheap and available. A society that is on the whole caring and concerned. Children that get educated. Health care that is available to all. Police and emergency services that respond when needed.
Things we pretty much take for granted.

No matter how much we feel they can be improved on we are a million times better off than probably 70% of the worlds population.

Hear hear!

I got into a conversation with someone today who was a little be confrontational about his recycling, and a detail of what plastics we take. He ended up saying "We've got a lot to learn, look at India, they recycle everything". As we walked away, my colleague said to me "Yes, but then, they have people living on their rubbish tips in order to do so...." We suspect he would not be keen to take on that role...

I think a lot of anger is down to discontentment and frustration. Not having the latest thing, or the latest fashion or the right car or whatever. And not because those things really make life better, but because people have been led to think that they do.

I'm not well off, I don't have many modern 'toys'. But I've come not to be bothered about that. I have the things that really matter, and as long as I can eat, and sleep under a roof, and get electricity out of the wall and spend time with the people I love, I'm happy. And while I can rant with the best of them about a mixed up recycling box, or a bad driver, or any one of life's little annoyances, it's all very superficial, and a second or two later, I'm laughing again. I like to think I'm not an angry person.

Reactions: col

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Is there actually any more anger around than in the past? I doubt it. Most 'going to hell in a handcart' thinking is down to a muddled combination of ignorance, forgetfulness and wishful thinking. Life is crap. It always was. Life is wonderful. It always was. So it is, so it was, so will it ever be. Have a nice day.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Is there actually any more anger around than in the past? I doubt it. Most 'going to hell in a handcart' thinking is down to a muddled combination of ignorance, forgetfulness and wishful thinking. Life is crap. It always was. Life is wonderful. It always was. So it is, so it was, so will it ever be. Have a nice day.
Deep:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm not well off, I don't have many modern 'toys'. But I've come not to be bothered about that. I have the things that really matter, and as long as I can eat, and sleep under a roof, and get electricity out of the wall and spend time with the people I love, I'm happy. And while I can rant with the best of them about a mixed up recycling box, or a bad driver, or any one of life's little annoyances, it's all very superficial, and a second or two later, I'm laughing again. I like to think I'm not an angry person.

+1 one on that. Its the way we live that creates the anger, people need to be more appreciative of what they've got. I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, a job and I am surrounded by people I love and who love me, I have the basics covered, theres rarely a need for anger.

Top Bottom