Animal Classification of Cycling 'Styles'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My OH likes to classify cyclists and their styles. The 2 obvious ones are the
  • pigeon (head/head & shoulders back and forward)
  • penguin (head/head & shoulders rocking side to side)
However, he is stumped. We have come across another one this evening and about the only thing that could be said for it is it was ungamely, cost a lot of energy for getting nowhere fast and well was just wrong. About the only thing that really stayed still was the guy's head... arms, legs and bike seemed to be all over the place (and it wasn't the bike rocking side to side in a 'pros trying hard' manner) and my OH is stumped as to what to classify it as. Gibbon was one thought, but we are not sure...

So I was wondering, does anyone else mischievously classify others' cycling styles and if so, what ones do you have?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
What about the frog with the saddle far too low and the knees sticking way out to the side?

ShipHill

What about the frog with the saddle far too low and the knees sticking way out to the side?

We got an old boy at work who rides like that. Also, despite the fact his bike has got about 18 gears (I haven't looked to be honest) I swear he uses just the granny gear for everywhere he goes. His legs going up and down like there's no tomorrow and he's barely making forward progress.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sounds like a Froomey !!!

Yes we are similar,though even i'm not as thin as him!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't classify anyone really, other than wobbly bobs.

My mate was a nodding dog style rider - he's riding round the world, wasn't a fast roadie, but is living a dream now, on a Thorn beastie. Barsteward !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I usually see the 'massively overgeared' folk that are doing 30 rpm (and need a slap). Or normal cycling. Saw an old chap with his skid lid on back to front last week, that was funny.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
We got an old boy at work who rides like that. Also, despite the fact his bike has got about 18 gears (I haven't looked to be honest) I swear he uses just the granny gear for everywhere he goes. His legs going up and down like there's no tomorrow and he's barely making forward progress.
Your fellow must have relatives in the States.We have one that rides through one of our facilities like that as well. Wobbles o'er the road while riding as well. Great entertainment to the guards, watching on camera.

Top Bottom