Ankle ligament repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
It’s a year since my ankle double ligament repair (and 8 months since subsequent knee op).
I’m just shy of 2400 outdoor miles for the year (well pretty much 7 months as only really went outside at end May). Weather (and time) permitting, I should get to 2500 for the year :okay: I managed 90 miles on 🦄 last week
Also swimming/doing hydrotherapy twice a week, and occasional visits to the gym (need to up those in new year but I’d rather cycle if weather ok)

T4tomo

Guru
Different injury and not as bad, I chipped an ankle bone and strained the ligaments in a hockey incident. Been back on the bike for about a month and initially umpired, and then played a game of hockey for first time last weekend, all with no real ill effects. Infact it feels better after i have done something on it. I have been doing movement a stretching exercises with it once I got to the appropriate stage.

However I still find its "a bit stiff" and I can feel a slight pull on certain direction stretches. Do / did you find than @vickster I'm sort of hoping that it should just go with time

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine is still very stiff but at least stable and broadly pain free.
I already had minimal dorsiflexion in my ankles due I believe to foot shape (very high arches) and very tight calf muscles, this has probably made it worse, but wasn’t the cause.
I should be better at doing physio but after years of it for various reasons, I have rehab fatigue. Going to the pool does help

Top Bottom