Ankle ligament repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Up to 193 miles since 21 March.
3 more days to squeeze in a few more before isolating from Friday morning

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
How long off after the op?
No Idea yet, based on the previous, 4-6 weeks at least I’d think. Depends what’s done and how quickly I can get enough flexion (partly the objective of op, to clear shredded tissue from joint)

Last edited:
No Idea yet, based on the previous, 4-6 weeks at least I’d think. Depends what’s done and how quickly I can get enough flexion (partly the objective of op, to clear shredded tissue from joint)
Much physio, then. Had similar issues while they were sorting out my shoulder, odd scraps of rotator cuff getting to places they shouldn't.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Much physio, then. Had similar issues while they were sorting out my shoulder, odd scraps of rotator cuff getting to places they shouldn't.
First physio is booked for 10 days post op. I’ll get in the hydro pool too as soon as I can (and also the swimming pool)

Take it easy, no popping anything!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Little update...so now about 8 months post ankle op and 4 months post knee op. Physio has discharged me with a plethora of exercises for at home and gym. Ankle is still pretty weak, left calf completely wasted, balance not great and I can't do a single leg heel/calf raise for toffee on that side on land (I can in water, so apparently there's hope)

Started back cycling outdoors at end of May, just under 1100 miles for the year, 75-100 miles most weeks
Gym and/or swimming 2-3 times a week if weather not conducive to cycling (I'm doing something every day), plus now infrequent hydrotherapy sessions

Joints and muscles generally aren't great (paying for approx. monthly sports massage), and I'm sleeping awfully (other knee is playing up, nothing too sinister according to physio, ligaments ok, more likely wear and tear, possibly meniscus and crap floating around in joint :rolleyes: ) but I'll plod along for now :okay:

Last edited:
Little update...so now about 8 months post ankle op and 4 months post knee op. Physio has discharged me with a plethora of exercises for at home and gym. Ankle is still pretty weak, left calf completely wasted, balance not great and I can't do a single leg heel/calf raise for toffee on that side on land (I can in water, so apparently there's hope)

Started back cycling outdoors at end of May, just under 1100 miles for the year, 75-100 miles most weeks
Gym and/or swimming 2-3 times a week if weather not conducive to cycling (I'm doing something every day), plus now infrequent hydrotherapy sessions

Joints and muscles generally aren't great (paying for approx. monthly sports massage), and I'm sleeping awfully (other knee is playing up, nothing too sinister according to physio, ligaments ok, more likely wear and tear, possibly meniscus and crap floating around in joint :rolleyes: ) but I'll plod along for now :okay:
I've no idea of your age and far too polite to ask, but jeez, the ongoing wear and tear is the pits, ain't it? As mentioned elsewhere, I'm now no longer a bass player, can't walk without sticks, and now my left shoulder is joining in with a vengeance. I'm not old! Dammit...

Top Bottom