Ankle ligament repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cast is off :becool: back to full weight bearing, albeit with crutches as foot is pretty sore. Use walking boot if out and about. Able to drive (automatic car) not that there’s anywhere to go!

Surgeon happy with her handiwork and that incisions are all well healed

I will go back to my home alone cat tomorrow ^_^

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Cast is off :becool: back to full weight bearing, albeit with crutches as foot is pretty sore. Use walking boot if out and about. Able to drive (automatic car) not that there’s anywhere to go!

Surgeon happy with her handiwork and that incisions are all well healed

I will go back to my home alone cat tomorrow ^_^
Nice to hear it's going well :hugs:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Now 7 weeks post op. Had follow up call with surgeon yesterday. No need to use boot now, be glad to see the back of it! She said don’t go out if icy...I’d kind of figured that for myself. :whistle:
Ankle is rather swollen at end of work day due to the sitting, need to use a compression stocking, ice and an anti inflammatory at end of day to control pain.
Have got a support from physio to use walking, managed about 2.5km to town for air and a coffee today, but had to get bus back as was too painful to walk home.
Will start to work on walking and strength with physio and only back to surgeon if no improvement. 12 weeks is the next recovery milestone... maybe even :bicycle:

(although I do still need knee op when they start doing surgery again at private hospital as the knee will continue to affect ankle recovery according to surgeon...hopefully around Easter)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Progress at physio. Used the exercise bike. I’m allowed to get the turbo out, hopefully knee will tolerate!
If turbo goes ok, I might yet get outside on bike around Easter

(Still waiting for private hospital to start doing private ops again so can get knee sorted)
You will soon be running again 6 million dollar Vickster

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
You will soon be running again 6 million dollar Vickster
Running isn’t on the agenda but cycling :okay:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Clearly not going to set any records but I’ve just done my first post op outdoor cycle.
I’ve also walked 5k and done 35 mins on turbo. Feeling a bit worn out now! :wacko:

Attachments

• C8436332-164C-45A3-B10C-776C9686E441.jpeg
    C8436332-164C-45A3-B10C-776C9686E441.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Afternoon off work (dentist and hygienist)...so I got out again. Little further but slower due to traffic and using shared paths.
Ankle and foot a bit achy, stretching down to put foot on ground is ouchy, I’ve never mastered the sliding off saddle thing and remounting without getting tangled up, so just tip bike slightly :blush:

I do have very clean shiny teeth today as well ^_^

Attachments

• 409418AD-4B74-45C7-91BE-4D5D89E1D0F1.jpeg
    409418AD-4B74-45C7-91BE-4D5D89E1D0F1.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 3

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Afternoon off work (dentist and hygienist)...so I got out again. Little further but slower due to traffic and using shared paths.
Ankle and foot a bit achy, stretching down to put foot on ground is ouchy, I’ve never mastered the sliding off saddle thing and remounting without getting tangled up, so just tip bike slightly :blush:

I do have very clean shiny teeth today as well ^_^
Ok expecting you for the usual sunday ride , no excuses now :smile:

Top Bottom