Annoyance at about 05:30 this morning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well that was a new one. The Hampshire police helo and a drone buzzing about right over the woodland next to my house. The drone was making a hell of a racket. I’ve no idea what was occurring, but I presume it was something to do with the lockdown. I do hope it’s not a regular occurrence:angry::cursing:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well that was a new one. The Hampshire police helo and a drone buzzing about right over the woodland next to my house. The drone was making a hell of a racket. I’ve no idea what was occurring, but I presume it was something to do with the lockdown. I do hope it’s not a regular occurrence:angry::cursing:
Jeez, hope not. I'm sure they have better things to be doing than checking if anyone is out and about at that time other than for criminal reasons.

Probably, now that fines are being handed out, and the fact they multiply in amount for each time a single person as to pay the po po will be vigilant 24/7. Think of exercise and leaving your home perimeter as the new driving and drones as the new speed cameras and you won't be far off.

screenman

Legendary Member
Probably, now that fines are being handed out, and the fact they multiply in amount for each time a single person as to pay the po po will be vigilant 24/7. Think of exercise and leaving your home perimeter as the new driving and drones as the new speed cameras and you won't be far off.

I would imagine it costs more to collect fines so many not the profit source many think it is.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Just a helluva lot more conspicuous

Drago

Legendary Member
At that time was probably looking for villains or mispers.

I'm hearing from my chums that certain types of crime, mainly domestic assaults, have risen a little, but overall crime and incident levels are massively down. Having said that, the people that think the police care what happens on Facebook are calling in with gusto...

Abstraction of officers due to sickness and self isolation is about 15%, but this is more than offset by the reduced incident levels. I'm told bobbies are finding the time to catch up on their backlog of work and reading/training/studying, so when this eventually ends theyll be in a much better position for at least a while.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
A very good friend of mine who is in the Police is saying to me that they are quieter, he’s using the time to study for his Sergeants exam.

Drago

Legendary Member
This years exam was cancelled due to the virus (it was supposed to be a week ago last friday) so i should think there will be a record number having a go next year. I did the bare minimum of study and passed by a whopping 0.4%, but still got paid exactly the same as the folk who sat up to 3am every day sweating.

Top Bottom