Annoying colleague rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenbetty

Über Member
There's no real problems where I work - loads of people cycle, especially since the cycle to work scheme came in, so no one bats an eyelid at people ambling round the building in various personal interpretations of cycling kit. Of course it helps that some of them are people with words like "Head" and "Director" in their job title.

decca234uk

We just have to accept the fact that some drivers hate us cyclist. I've been cycling for over thirty years and nothing has changed and until we have cycling friendly cities backed up by a pro prolonged government cycling initiative that emphasis that cyclist have a right to be on the road, nothing will change.
I've developed a theory about cycle haters. It's well known that we're usually afraid of the things we hate. I think a lot of drivers don't like cyclists because they're afraid of overtaking them or being in an accident with them.
My evidence for this theory is completely zero. Like all good scientific experiments I just made it up and have absolutely nothing to substantiate it.

smeg

dondare said:
I get a certain amount of bollox about my cycling from my work-mates who worry about their cholesterol and blood pressure and "don't have time to exercise".

You mean the same ones that have skimmed milk in their tea/coffee because nasty evil full fat milk is so sooo bad for them, which are also the same ones that smoke 15 fags per day ;)

jimboalee

A loud mouthed bloke here at Gaydon recently asked me "Why the hell do you cycle all the way from Solihull? Are you mad or something".

My reply:-

"It's because I enjoy it. You enjoy taking the piss out of people, but unlike you, I won't get my head kicked in"

BentMikey said:
I don't mind that, I'm well confident in my own sexuality. So far I've managed to get so dirty in return that they've all retreated blushing, even the one colleague who's normally unflappable.

It does't bother me but from one certain idiot I got if I see you I will run you down crap and he did get a reaction because plainly this isn't the first time (it's constant)and he also drives a fiddle panzer.If he wants a reaction from me I will quite happily give him a reaction.Hopefully he wont speak to me again because quite plainly I dont need this shoot because it makes him feel good about himself.

I didn't think at the time of saying yes...if I see you I'd quite happily petrol bomb your fiddle panzer preferably with you in it.

Oh yeah the other comment was I have an incident like this every week...which is not true...plus the fact I don't see this idiot every week to report this stuff anyway and which also to me seems to me that he is blaming me for said incident.Or questioning my cycling ability although he has never seen me cycle.

Not some clown in some metal box who is in fact a danger to other road users and that's before I get onto the mobile phone using brigade.

perplexed

Guru
cyberknight said:
A team Leader in my Office called all cyclists Lycra wearing gays.....Just goes to prove how narrow minded people can be.

400bhp said:
That's potentially a sackable offence in my place.

Which bit, the cycling, the lycra wearing, the being gay, or calling someone gay? :biggrin:

Apologies to Land Rover and 4x4 vehicle drivers....Im not tarring you all with the same brush.Sorry.

Top Bottom