annoying knocking noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brady37

hi all i hope you can help i have a knocking noise coming from below my ass region everytime i push the pedals around worse when i go slowly i have looked and cant find anything just wondering if it was my seatpost but i greased it and annoying noise still happening please help if you can thanx:angry:

Pauluk

Have you been to see a doctor :laugh:

Seriously. Its a bit hard to diagnose remotely but do you have a speedo magnet on your rear wheel. How loud is the noise does it coincide with the pedal/crank rotation or does it stop if you stop pedaling. If it does then could be a pedal or BB bearing I guess.

OP
OP
brady37

brady37

i knew i didnt writr that thread right. lol ,the noise comes when rotating pedals i dont have a magnet and yes it does stop when i freewheel thankyou :wub:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Check rear wheel qr tightness, check the top of the seat post to make sure it's not the saddle rails, remove, grease and refit the pedals, check the crank bolts are still tight, if that doesnt work check for play in the bb.

Ive got the same, im gonna be taking the cranks off to see if I can regrease the bb at all but the bike has covered under 2 k in 7 months just cant get it back to the store I bought it from as it's 160 miles away and ive fiddled with the bike since it was new.

Pauluk

Now I've just remembered, my wife had a knocking noise from her hybrid when she pedaled slowly. It wasn't loud but I heard it when I was riding next to her and at speed it stopped doing it. There was no play in the pedal but when it was changed the problem went away. Her bike is a Carrera Crossfire.

Top Bottom