Annoying noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have this noise and it comes from the sole of my shoe. Still not figured a way to stop it so I switched to flats.

Take your bike for a spin in trainers (with your SPD's) and see if the noise persists.

My giro terraduro shoes do it..
Its the hard insert, no fix, stops when or after getting wet through, not a fix tho

KneesUp

Guru
The annoying only-under-load noise on my bike was loose chainring bolts.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
This is an update of this thread which i started in june.
After trying numerous suggestions the noise was getting worse and doing my head in!I ended up taking it to a local place in chelmsford called spokes cycle care&repair who i have used before and are very good.
They identified the noise straight away and said it was coming from the rear hub.They replaced a hub bearing and a pawl spring which had broken off.
First ride today since the repair and i can't tell you the joy in having a nice quiet bike again.

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
I had an annoying creak every time I pedaled (new shoes).
Didn't do it with the old shoes so I thought it was something wrong with the shoe/cleat.
I took it apart quite a few times checking and adjusting the cleat, the fixing plate inside the shoe and checked the shoe itself for any damage/splits/cracks etc (carbon sole).
Nothing worked.....

…..Then my neighbour came round and asked what was wrong. So I told him.
He then proceeded to clip the shoe into the pedal and noted it creaked.
Then he clipped it into the other pedal.....

….Blissful silence.:dry:

Turned out to be the spd cage on the pedal was loose!:eek:
That's 3hrs that I'm never going to get back.:cursing:

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Nigel
i was sure the noise was coming from around the bottom bracket and was surprised the problem was from the rear hub.Just didn't sound like it was coming from that area.

Top Bottom