Another 20" wheeled e-trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I like the decals Emma. Did you cut them by hand?

Did you get the panniers padded to stay quiet?

What is Marengo trikes? I cannot find it on the internet.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
The panniers have an extra inch of padding now .
I can cut decals on my Roland CAMM-1 plotter in single colour vinyl , I have silver , black and white vinyl in stock.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Cracking looking machine @voyager - and looks like it should be very comfortable to ride - I take it the extra spend on the custom seat was worth it?

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Cracking work there, @voyager :notworthy:.
Battery case doesn't appear to have much clearance - is it actually lower than the derailleur or is that just how it looks ? :ohmy:

It looks lower than it really is , I have problems with the chain return arm when I bring the trike inside the house fouling on the french windows .

Cracking looking machine @voyager - and looks like it should be very comfortable to ride - I take it the extra spend on the custom seat was worth it?

Thank you .
I still have to replace the mesh ( waiting for the warmer weather ) so I can spray the frame before fitting the new mesh .
The current mesh bottoms out on the frame and is a pain in the r's and back( but that is just my big bottom) !
This one is now the most expensive trike in my fleet !.

Roll on summer ( or spring or just a few degrees above freezing will do :sun::sun::sun: rather than :rain::rain:..

:cheers:

regards emma

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Amazing machine, cap is doffed. Well done Emma.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
@steveindenmark , @Scoosh

hi guys
the aluminium box is the LiFePo4 10ah battery , it sits at its lowest point at 63.2mm above the ground . So far it has not grounded, but I don't run up and down kerbs . Should it foul then I will raise it. I only used a spare pre built mount that was looking lost . Here is one of the last marengos to leave the factory
a folding e-trike with a middle drive , twin batteries , uss and mesh seat this was seen in Holland last year on tour towing a trailer , ( nothing to do with me again )
nicor_3.jpg

Marengo is a local low production trike manufacturer/builder ☺ and nothing to do with me I must add.
regards Emma

Last edited:
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks

Well what can l say , so far the battery hadn't hit the ground . Yesterdays 12 mile shakedown ride over the lock gates the other way changed that . Since the ride l have managed to raise the battery now to 82 mm of the ground and will continue the shakedown rides before I replace the mesh seat . Everything else running well and the range from what I have seen should ( famous last words ) be over 30 miles . We will have to see , Laziness , route terrain and outside temperature all have a contributing factor in the final figure .
WP_20170214_11_06_08_Pro (2).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Roll on the warmer weather so I can sort the seat , minor setback on Monday , came back from ride and fell asleep in the afternoon , awoke to find my ankle hot and so painful I could not walk , Doctor thinks its something to do with tendon - its easier today but taking it easy for a few days - another minor setback is
I am still battling with plantar fasciitis the only shoes I can walk in ( with minimal pain ) and cycle with are my SPD shoes ( they look rather silly when you go out in a dress ! )

Still my rear aluminum band on led lamps finally arrived today and fitted .
Score so far this winter ( broken rear ) lamps 5 reflectors 2 mostly caused by the storage moths .

regards all ( with my feet up ) emma

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Roll on the warmer weather so I can sort the seat , minor setback on Monday , came back from ride and fell asleep in the afternoon , awoke to find my ankle hot and so painful I could not walk , Doctor thinks its something to do with tendon - its easier today but taking it easy for a few days - another minor setback is
I am still battling with plantar fasciitis the only shoes I can walk in ( with minimal pain ) and cycle with are my SPD shoes ( they look rather silly when you go out in a dress ! )

Still my rear aluminum band on led lamps finally arrived today and fitted .
Score so far this winter ( broken rear ) lamps 5 reflectors 2 mostly caused by the storage moths .

regards all ( with my feet up ) emma
:hugs:

Top Bottom