Another addition nearly finished.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PHL67

Veteran
IMG_3250.JPG
IMG_3251.JPG
I was given this bike which he had from new but had been left in a container. Need new tyres and gear cables. Already regreased and new inner brake cables.
This bike is totally original.
Going to add to my collection.

Drago

Legendary Member
Very nice. Even has the original dork disc.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Unusual to see a lugged steel Raleigh road bike fitted with unicrown forks though, must be relatively modern (by old bike standards). Any idea of build year? Nice machine all the same, even nicer if you were given it!
I have a Raleigh '91 MTB and a '95 Pioneer hybrid, both in lugged 501 with unicrowns, so they have been around a good few years, but neither of mine have any pretensions to be fast or sporty! My '88 Gemini hybrid has old-school style brazed forks, which is what I would have also expected to see on that road frame.

OP
OP
PHL67

PHL67

Veteran
Unusual to see a lugged steel Raleigh road bike fitted with unicrown forks though, must be relatively modern (by old bike standards). Any idea of build year? Nice machine all the same, even nicer if you were given it!
I have a Raleigh '91 MTB and a '95 Pioneer hybrid, both in lugged 501 with unicrowns, so they have been around a good few years, but neither of mine have any pretensions to be fast or sporty! My '88 Gemini hybrid has old-school style brazed forks, which is what I would have also expected to see on that road frame.
o
It has some numbers on the forks with an 88 so I was assuming 1988 model.

Hopefully get tyres and gear cables fitted soon.

Top Bottom