Another android phone question -Samsung this time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
Can anyone reccommend an Android Phone on the cheapest Contract possible. I barely use my phone for texts (20 per week) and calls (5 - 10 mins per week) but do spend a good 30 mins per day min E-mailing or on the Internet.

Ta

PAYG?

If you don't mind a heftier inital outlay, I think many PAYG contracts offer free internet if you spend over a tenner a month or something. Worth investigating?

Billloudon

Can anyone reccommend an Android Phone on the cheapest Contract possible. I barely use my phone for texts (20 per week) and calls (5 - 10 mins per week) but do spend a good 30 mins per day min E-mailing or on the Internet.

Ta

Try the Samsung Gallaxy Apollo from Orange.
Running Android 2.1. It's available for £15/month

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yeah Could do I will be going PAYG next week and maybe save up for one.

If you're going PAYG, you can get some pretty decent second hand kit on ebay. I've always advised people not to tie themselves in to £35 a month contracts to get a good phone. With the exception of the iphone (until recently only available on contract), it's usually cheaper to buy the phone simm free and then maintain a good relationship with your network to ensure you get the best deal for your contract. For example, I've been with T-Mobile for about 5 years now with absolutely no problems whatsoever. On that basis I'm willing to stay with them for 18 months and have got my contract down to just under a tenner a month with unlimited internet.

You do pay the cost of the phone up front though.

BobWales

I managed a £20 / month 24 months with Orange and free Samsung Galaxy, 600mins, texts, unlimited internet.
Had to choose in a hurry, but I thought it a pretty good deal... had to ask orange for a leaving code first, of course.

Has GPS too so riding my Juicy Bike Sport just got more interesting - left hand holding the phone, left thumb on the keyboard. Using android layars I can see through the interface to the road as seen by the camera, whilst my left foot scratches my right knee, my right thumb on the throttle to give 15mph!

Not sure how to actually make a call on the thing yet...

Downward

Guru
I managed a £20 / month 24 months with Orange and free Samsung Galaxy, 600mins, texts, unlimited internet.
Had to choose in a hurry, but I thought it a pretty good deal... had to ask orange for a leaving code first, of course.

Has GPS too so riding my Juicy Bike Sport just got more interesting - left hand holding the phone, left thumb on the keyboard. Using android layars I can see through the interface to the road as seen by the camera, whilst my left foot scratches my right knee, my right thumb on the throttle to give 15mph!

Not sure how to actually make a call on the thing yet...

That sounds a good deal.
Wife is looking for this maybe, Either the galaxy, or for 50% less per month the HTC Wildfire or SE X10 Mini Pro.

Top Bottom