Another "best cycle shorts" question (please dont shoot me :) )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I like my Endura pro shorts..........far better that the (cheaper) Funkier ones I have.
I need a 2nd pair of shorts (the Funkier don't suite me for longer distances) but before I buy them..............
Has anyone had experience of both the Endura Pro and ANYTHING THEY FEEL IS BETTER ??? in that they can do longer distances in comfort.
I realise people have their favourites but wonder if anyone can actually compare them.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have some Pro shorts, but prefer my Castelli Volo short's. The Endura's I found a little 'bulky'. However, I think that shorts are like a saddle, different strokes for different folks.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have some Pro shorts, but prefer my Castelli Volo short's. The Endura's I found a little 'bulky'. However, I think that shorts are like a saddle, different strokes for different folks.
Do you find you can do the same (or longer) distances in comfort ?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Do you find you can do the same (or longer) distances in comfort ?

I can use any short for shorter distances, it is only when I go over 75 miles or so that I really start to notice the pad. I prefer the Volo's to the Pro, but I have other Castelli's (Nano) that start to annoy me after 60 miles, they both claim to have the same pad. So - I don't know what to recommend.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You need a thinner denser pad, which won't make your bottom sweat like the current crop of thick spongey ones. If you find one, please let me know.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
You need a thinner denser pad, which won't make your bottom sweat like the current crop of thick spongey ones. If you find one, please let me know.
I haven't had that problem with my Endura.
I am trying to build up to a 70 miler (as I am 70 this year) and just looking for anything that will help.
I did a 68 in the Endura's 2 years ago but was getting sore after some 45 miles.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've done 100 milers in Sportful

Assos seem to rate v highly but £££ (they do have an outlet site if you Google)

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I did 100 miles last weekend in a pair of Decathlon's 700 series - hardly expensive, often on offer and i felt no ill effects at the end and had no problems during the ride.

I'm sure there are benefits to buying the expensive kit, but I'm struggling to see the need.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I did 100 miles last weekend in a pair of Decathlon's 700 series - hardly expensive, often on offer and i felt no ill effects at the end and had no problems during the ride.

I'm sure there are benefits to buying the expensive kit, but I'm struggling to see the need.

As is well documented............I suffered for 2 years. Tried various shorts, various saddles and spent good money on a bike fit. You cannot believe the pain I was in. If I did a 30 miler I literally could not get back on the bike for over a week.
You are very fortunate.......as are lots of others.........in that your sit bones don't give you problems (I am jealous of you).
The saddle I now have, the bike set-up and Endura Pro allow me to do up to 45 with no pain.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Don't shoot me!

It's never a bad question, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect pair of shorts but I'm not there yet. Specialized have been some of the better ones for me but they're not quite perfect over long distance, I've also got Le Col bibs which are comfy until 25 miles and then my sit bones start to pinch a bit. Decathlon have been surprisingly decent for the money, but they're not THE ones.

I think I've just got a bony arris.

Top Bottom