Another bites the dust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Came a cropper today , i was doing about 20 mph when i caught a pot hole that i didnt see in the dark caused the handlebars to be pulled from my hands and i speed wobbled onto the verge and ended up head over heels with my head and shoulder taking most of the impact .
Luckily ( ?) it was grass but i have a headache and the shoulder is sore, the right shifter is twisted and my banana coloured windproof is now covered in gunge.
I have checked the bike out as best i can in the dark by torch light and apart from the shifter which i will sort out at the weekend it looks ok , i think the panniers stopped the mech hanger and frame from taking any serious knocks.
The helmet looks ok , i guess as it was grass the soft wet soil did not damage it but im glad i had it on , im not starting a debate but in this situation it certainly helped.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A car did stop to check if i was ok , thanks to the driver !

alicat

Legendary Member
Ouch GWS.

If you have a headache then your helmet has taken a hit. Treat yourself to a new one so you can be sure it works next time you need it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Hope you're okay. As others have said, replace the helmet it's done it's job.
Get someone to check your back for you. Anything found/noticed get yourself checked.

Top Bottom