Another bites the dust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ouch @cyberknight! :hugs:
You'll be sore, could have been much worse though.
GWS!

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
GWS... but 20mph in the dark and rain requires REALLY good lights to spot road defects IMO and they're hard to get in the UK now :sad:
I use a xml t6 x2 and a cree p4 up front, it was just one of those dips that dont look too bad but just enough to catch you unawares , i saw the hole today when i went past it today albeit on my MTB .

Shoulders aches and is stiff an head still tender where i hit it but nothing a bit of rule 5 will not fix.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Came a cropper today , i was doing about 20 mph when i caught a pot hole that i didnt see in the dark caused the handlebars to be pulled from my hands and i speed wobbled onto the verge and ended up head over heels with my head and shoulder taking most of the impact .
Luckily ( ?) it was grass but i have a headache and the shoulder is sore, the right shifter is twisted and my banana coloured windproof is now covered in gunge.
I have checked the bike out as best i can in the dark by torch light and apart from the shifter which i will sort out at the weekend it looks ok , i think the panniers stopped the mech hanger and frame from taking any serious knocks.
The helmet looks ok , i guess as it was grass the soft wet soil did not damage it but im glad i had it on , im not starting a debate but in this situation it certainly helped.
Oh thank God. I thought you were going to say someone else had dropped dead.

Very glad you are OK. How are you feeling today?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That seems pretty meaningless without knowing the lenses but let's not turn this into a repeat of https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/which-lights-are-best.193353/ - just report the bugger on www.fixmystreet.com, get well soon and hope you don't hit any more!
61t3EeG7FiL._SY355_.jpg

Attachments

• 61t3EeG7FiL._SY355_.jpg
    61t3EeG7FiL._SY355_.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom