Another bites the dust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ouch @cyberknight! :hugs:
You'll be sore, could have been much worse though.
GWS!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The roads are treacherous at the moment with potholes and wetness!
GWS

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
GWS... but 20mph in the dark and rain requires REALLY good lights to spot road defects IMO and they're hard to get in the UK now :sad:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
GWS... but 20mph in the dark and rain requires REALLY good lights to spot road defects IMO and they're hard to get in the UK now :sad:
I use a xml t6 x2 and a cree p4 up front, it was just one of those dips that dont look too bad but just enough to catch you unawares , i saw the hole today when i went past it today albeit on my MTB .

Shoulders aches and is stiff an head still tender where i hit it but nothing a bit of rule 5 will not fix.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Came a cropper today , i was doing about 20 mph when i caught a pot hole that i didnt see in the dark caused the handlebars to be pulled from my hands and i speed wobbled onto the verge and ended up head over heels with my head and shoulder taking most of the impact .
Luckily ( ?) it was grass but i have a headache and the shoulder is sore, the right shifter is twisted and my banana coloured windproof is now covered in gunge.
I have checked the bike out as best i can in the dark by torch light and apart from the shifter which i will sort out at the weekend it looks ok , i think the panniers stopped the mech hanger and frame from taking any serious knocks.
The helmet looks ok , i guess as it was grass the soft wet soil did not damage it but im glad i had it on , im not starting a debate but in this situation it certainly helped.
Oh thank God. I thought you were going to say someone else had dropped dead.

Very glad you are OK. How are you feeling today?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That seems pretty meaningless without knowing the lenses but let's not turn this into a repeat of https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/which-lights-are-best.193353/ - just report the bugger on www.fixmystreet.com, get well soon and hope you don't hit any more!
61t3EeG7FiL._SY355_.jpg

Attachments

• 61t3EeG7FiL._SY355_.jpg
    61t3EeG7FiL._SY355_.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom