Another CC Ecosse (East) RV Ride - Sat 10 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The one reservation i had about this RV was getting through Grangemouth. As it turned out it was a doddle. Probably being on the weekend the industrial traffic was light. I had a recollection from a previous CC Ecosse "Round the Forth" route of a nice back road from Grangemouth to the top of Bo'ness but i missed it on the way there and ended up at Kinneil House which looked quite splendid. Unfortunately the NCN 76 route which goes through the grounds turns from tarmac to mud at this point, so i retraced back to the tarmac and took the road up and down to Linlithgow.
I did that Kinneil route once before and hoped they'd sorted it but I guess they haven't. For future reference, the back road is the right after the dry ski slope. http://bit.ly/xyTeIf

Col5632

Guru
Glad to hear you guys had a good ride out, i never made it out on my bike, should hopefully get out this weekend :ohmy:

Seamab

I did that Kinneil route once before and hoped they'd sorted it but I guess they haven't. For future reference, the back road is the right after the dry ski slope. http://bit.ly/xyTeIf

I never noticed any dry ski slope. Maybe that's down nearer the golf course towards Polmont? What i did notice was a distictive whiff in the air from the landfill site next to the M9. Can't be pleasant living downwind from that.

I never noticed any dry ski slope. Maybe that's down nearer the golf course towards Polmont? What i did notice was a distictive whiff in the air from the landfill site next to the M9. Can't be pleasant living downwind from that.
IIRC you pass by two gates too the plant on your left and there a little suburb of Grangemouth opposite (on the right) I wonder if they were bought off by the ski slope, can't be pleasant living there either!

Fubar

Guru

Thanks for the link, think I will make this my next "big-ish" ride but not sure about the south-side of the Forth - might try driving it first to familiarise myself. Did 34 miles Dunfermline-Kincardine-Dunfermline today so looking to venture further afield and increase my distance.

Cheers, Mark (",)

Col5632

Guru
Thanks for the link, think I will make this my next "big-ish" ride but not sure about the south-side of the Forth - might try driving it first to familiarise myself. Did 34 miles Dunfermline-Kincardine-Dunfermline today so looking to venture further afield and increase my distance.

Cheers, Mark (",)

Fancied doing that route myself but again the south side of the forth is something i know nothing about :blush:

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Fancied doing that route myself but again the south side of the forth is something i know nothing about :blush:
South side is a bit grim till after Bo'ness, then Linlithgow - FRB can be quite pleasant - depending on how many hills you (want to) do :biggrin:

Seems like a CC Round-the-Forth :bicycle: is in the offing ... :whistle:

Col5632

Guru

I'd be up for that :thumbsup:

Fubar

Guru
South side is a bit grim till after Bo'ness, then Linlithgow - FRB can be quite pleasant - depending on how many hills you (want to) do :biggrin:

I'd be up for that as well, weekends can be a bit sticky with work and on-call etc but with a bit of notice should be ok :thumbsup: - still only averaging approx 12-13 MPH though so wouldn't want to hold anyone up :blush: . Any idea what the sharp uphill (533ft elevation) between 29 and 33 miles is on HLab's route? Avon Gorge?!?

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'd guess it's getting out of Grangemouth/Bo'ness up to Linlithgow.

One doesn't need to go that way, of course - HLaB just likes hills ! :biggrin:

I'd be up for that as well, weekends can be a bit sticky with work and on-call etc but with a bit of notice should be ok :thumbsup: - still only averaging approx 12-13 MPH though so wouldn't want to hold anyone up :blush: . Any idea what the sharp uphill (533ft elevation) between 29 and 33 miles is on HLab's route? Avon Gorge?!?
IIRC its just getting of the main road to a more pleasant country road, the course of the Antonine Wall, not sure how you could avoid it unless you stayed on the busy A905.

Col5632

Guru

Im about the same pace and was worried about holding people up too :blush:

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Golden Rules for CC Ecosse Forum Rides:
  • NO ONE gets left behind
  • ANY bike will do
  • there will be CAKE :hungry:
  • NO ONE gets left behind
... an' ithers I cannae min' the noo ...

Oh - and did I mention NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND ??

If someone is at the back, they are not 'holding people up'. They are giving them interval training opportunities :training:; they are teaching them social riding skills :hugs:; they are giving opportunity for a correct drink/eat regime; they are ..... :tired:

Is this coming across as NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND ? :rolleyes:

Col5632

Guru
I know you say no one gets left behind but you dont want to feel like people are waiting for you :hello:

What about we do a round the forth cycle next sat 24th march?

Top Bottom