Another Cougar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Evening all I have had a great day off today.
Met up just outside Bourne with one of my work customers for a ride.
We have been arranging this for at least a year.
So when we tied up the loose ends earlier this week about a meeting place. He told me not to bring a bike along as he had one I could use .
All I knew was that it was too big for him and that he needed to make some room in his garage .
So imagine my surprise when he lifted this Cougar off his bike rack and he told me it now belonged to me.
IMG_20220819_140254698_HDR.jpg

So after a couple of minor tweaks we set off for a ride. After a couple of miles I was impressed, everything worked crisply and it was a great ride .
IMG_20220819_140308967.jpg

IMG_20220819_140303960_MP.jpg

The Mavic helium wheels were spinning nice and freely the campagnolo gears were swapping well. And the dedacciai tubing was giving a sweet ride.
So 23 miles later I lifted it in to my boot and bought it home guess what I shall be riding tomorrow

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think Mrs Biggs might have something to say about you riding a cougar,.......

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes it was and as you say paintwork is great.

Is it my eyes, or is the top tube sloping down slightly?

AndyRM

XOXO
Checked with a spirit level slightly too long but I would say it's level.

Had 10 minutes this morning looking at the headset arrangement and the converter was made by the previous owner ^_^.

Think I can tidy things up

View attachment 658164

Must just have been the angle of the picture - think the spars on the chairs in the background threw me a bit.

I'm sure a chap of your talents can tidy things up, I did think it looked a little odd.

TTSS

Über Member
Mmm. That could possibly be one of the ones built and sold for the Belgian/Dutch Market.

They had very similar paint jobs.

They weren't cheap in the day if my memory serves me correctly.

Top Bottom